You can set up Atlas VPN on your Android TV by downloading the app from Google Play Store or using a PC hotspot (for older Android TVs).
Keep reading to discover Atlas VPN’s functionality on Android TV, alternative VPNs you can use, and easy solutions to Atlas VPN not working.
Setting up Atlas VPN on Android TV Through the App
To set up Atlas VPN on your Android TV through the app, you need
- An Atlas VPN subscription (grab this HUGE discount).
- An Android TV that runs on Android 6 or later.
- A PC that supports internet sharing via hotspot.
With your premium Atlas VPN subscription, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store and search for Atlas VPN using the on-screen keyboard.
- Download the Atlas VPN app.
- Click on the Atlas VPN app on the list of your installed apps.
- Input your login details, check the verification email sent to your registered email, and follow the link with your Android TV.
- Click on Quick Connect to allow Atlas VPN to choose your server. Or click on the countries list to select a different server.
For fast streaming on your Android TV, click on the streaming servers section, which will show Atlas VPN’s 19 streaming server locations.
Use Atlas VPN by Connecting Your Android TV to Your PC’s Hotspot
This method is for older versions of Android TVs that don’t have the Google Play Store pre-installed. It will turn your Windows PC into a virtual router so that every connected device will be VPN-enabled
Using a PC that runs Windows 10, simply
- Right-click the network icon and select Network & Internet Settings.
- Click Mobile Hotspot on the left-hand side.
- Change the network name and password if you want.
- After that, click Change Adapter Settings. Your PC’s Control Panel will open with a list of available Local Area Networks (LANs) and Ethernet.
- On the list of adapters, right-click the one that mentions Atlas VPN TAP.
- A Sharing tab will appear when you click on Properties. Afterward, enable the prompt: Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.
- Select the newly created network and click OK.
- Open the Atlas VPN app and connect to a server before connecting your Android TV to the new network. Your PC and Android TV will have a VPN connection.
Benefits of Using Atlas VPN on Android TV
Some of the significant benefits of using Atlas VPN on your Android TV include
- User-friendly app interface: Atlas VPN’s one-page Android TV app lets you quickly choose and connect to a server.
- High-speed for your streaming needs: Streaming buffer-free geo-restricted content on your Android TV is easy with Atlas VPN. Thankfully, all Atlas VPN US servers are fast, so you can access the US Netflix library worldwide.
- Supports peer-to-peer file sharing: Atlas VPN supports the safe downloading/sharing of torrents. With Atlas VPN on your Android TV, you can use BitTorrent or other torrent clients without getting caught by your ISP or copyright trolls.
- Strict no-logs policy: Though based in the United States—a founding member of 5-eyes—Atlas VPN still maintains a firm zero logs policy across all platforms, including Android TV.
- No DNS leaks: Atlas VPN doesn’t leak your DNS requests to your Internet Service Provider. Therefore, Atlas VPN protects the streaming and torrenting sites you visit on your Android TV.
- Responsive support: Atlas VPN’s customer support will respond quickly if you suddenly encounter an error message on Netflix that says, “Streaming error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.“
Alternatives to Atlas VPN on Android TV
Assuming Atlas VPN’s fast servers don’t convince you to use it on your Android TV, check these equally competent VPNs that also work on Android TV.
An Android TV-compliant VPN that’s making waves thanks to its excellent features like fast streaming, MultiHop servers, and low pricing.
More reasons to use Surfshark on your Android TV:
- Unlimited device use: The critical difference between Surfshark and other VPNs is the luxury of letting your friends connect their Android TVs to your Surfshark VPN with a single account.
- Stop ISP throttling: Your ISP may restrict your internet usage if you use a data-heavy device such as an Android TV. However, with Surfshark’s high-speed connection, you can escape this incessant throttling of your internet connection on your Android TV.
- Works on major platforms and operating systems: Surfshark works on all operating systems, including Android TV. Additionally, you can set it up on compatible routers and connect your Android TV to it.
- A higher number of servers: Surfshark has 3200+ in 100 countries, including over 600 US servers for streaming US Netflix on your Android TV.
Don’t forget to grab this HUGE Surfshark discount.
Another great VPN to set up and use on your Android TV, NordVPN combines excellent features with a vast network of high-performing servers.
Here are exceptional features of NordVPN:
- A worldwide network of servers: 5000+ servers in 60 countries on six continents means there’s a NordVPN server everywhere—and they’re all available on Android TV.
- A dedicated user-friendly Android TV app: You can connect to the best-performing server using NordVPN’s Android TV app—available on Google Play Store—with just one click.
- Unblocks streaming services: NordVPN allows you to stream country-specific Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video on your Android TV. There are no lags or pauses when streaming; you can change servers if it suddenly lags.
Plus, you can get a great deal by clicking here!
A fast and secure VPN that works with Android TV, thanks to the dedicated ExpressVPN app on Google Play.
Here are reasons ExpressVPN is an excellent pick for your Android TV:
- Fast obfuscated servers: Using ExpressVPN, your connection is automatically obfuscated, making Netflix and other streaming services less likely to ban you.
- More servers, more unblocking: With 3000+ servers in 94 countries, ExpressVPN lets you watch geo-restricted content from anywhere on your Android TV.
- Easy installation process: You can easily download and set up ExpressVPN on Android TV, even if it’s your first time using a VPN.
ExpressVPN is a bit pricey, so use this coupon for big savings.
Atlas VPN Not Working On Android TV? 5 Easy Fixes
Here are easy steps to fix common Atlas VPN issues on Android TV:
- Connect to a different server.
- Change your internet connection type.
- Restart your Android TV.
- Clear Atlas VPN’s app cache.
- Change your Atlas VPN protocol from/to WireGuard or IKEv2.
- Contact Atlas Customer care if the issue persists.
Frequently Asked Questions
Atlas VPN unblocks Netflix on Android TV in high-speed 4k streaming, thanks to its specially optimized servers. Just connect to the server located in the country’s Netflix library and stream your movies without buffering.
Using Atlas VPN on your Android TV is legal since it’s a tool for protecting your data. However, what you do with Atlas VPN is your responsibility.
For example, you risk legal action if you torrent copyrighted content on your Android TV.