You can set up ExpressVPN on your Android TV by downloading and installing the VPN app on Google Play Store.
After that, you must sign in with your ExpressVPN account and connect to a VPN server to unblock restricted content on your Android TV.
In this guide, I’ll take you through the setup process and provide you with troubleshooting tips in case of connectivity issues.
Keep reading to find out!
Set Up ExpressVPN on Android TV in 8 Quick Steps
You can install the ExpressVPN app on all Android TVs and Android TV boxes, including the following devices:
The setup process is straightforward since the ExpressVPN app is available on the Google Play Store. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN. (Click HERE to get our limited-time discount.)
- Open your Android TV’s Google Play Store app and search for “ExpressVPN.”
- Open the ExpressVPN app page and click “Install.”
- Wait for the app to download and install. Then click “Open.”
- Sign in with your ExpressVPN account email and password.
- You’ll receive a connection request asking you to confirm you trust ExpressVPN. Click OK.
- Click “Smart Location” to connect to the best ExpressVPN server in your location. Alternatively, click the three-dotted line to open the server list and select your preferred server location.
- Wait for your connection to become active. You should see the “Connected” message.
You’ve now successfully installed and connected to ExpressVPN on your Android TV. Unblock geo-restricted streaming apps in your region and enjoy more entertainment content on your Android TV.
Why Is ExpressVPN Not Working With My Android TV?
When ExpressVPN isn’t working on your Android TV, it’s usually because of a blacklisted VPN IP address or an issue with the Android TV OS.
If the issue is a blocked ExpressVPN IP, you’ll get a proxy error when streaming.
You should fix this by switching to a different ExpressVPN server.
If you’re losing your connection when you connect to ExpressVPN, the culprit here is your Android TV OS. This usually happens when using Ethernet. To fix it, unplug your Ethernet cable from the Android TV and plug it in again.
What's the Best ExpressVPN Server for Streaming on Android TV?
The “Smart Location” server is the best ExpressVPN server for streaming on Android TV. It offers the best performance for you based on your location, download speed, and latency.
But remember that to unblock a foreign streaming service on your Android TV, you must connect to a server in the region where the streaming service is available.
Unfortunately, now that ExpressVPN has removed its speed test feature, there’s no easy way of telling the best server in a particular region or streaming service.
Luckily, you can rely on ExpressVPN’s algorithm to assign you the best server in any region you connect to based on current load and performance.
But you can still run external speed tests for the ExpressVPN servers in your target region to find the best for streaming on Android TV.
Follow the few steps outlined above and enjoy ExpressVPN’s lightning-fast speeds for unblocking content on your Android TV.
Besides watching HD content without buffering, ExpressVPN breezes past geo-blocks, allowing you to access any title on any streaming site from anywhere.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab my exclusive ExpressVPN discount and add new movies, TV shows, and documentaries to your Android TV catalog.