AtlasVPN works well with Hulu. After using it for the last 4 days, I can confidently recommend the VPN service.
I was impressed with its US server connections, which are fast and unblock Hulu on the first try.
This guide will show you how to stream Hulu with Atlas VPN on major streaming devices.
How to Stream Hulu With Atlas VPN?
Here are the steps to stream Hulu with Atlas VPN:
- Sign up for Atlas VPN.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Launch the Atlas VPN and log in.
- Connect to a VPN server in the US.
- Open the Hulu app and enjoy your favorite shows live and on demand!
How to Unblock Hulu With Atlas VPN?
Atlas VPN lets you unblock Hulu on any streaming device. But the VPN service offers apps for only a few platforms – Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Amazon FireOS.
As such, you’re bound to encounter some devices like Apple TV, Roku, and Smart TVs that work with Hulu but not Atlas VPN.
But that shouldn’t stop you.
Here are two sure-fire ways to watch Hulu outside the US with Atlas VPN.
Depending on your streaming device, you can use the
- Atlas VPN App
- Atlas VPN via PC Mobile Hotspot
Here’s a quick list of the devices you can use to stream Hulu with Atlas VPN and the setup method to follow.
|Mac & PC||Atlas VPN App|
|Mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)||Atlas VPN App|
|Android TV||Atlas VPN App|
|Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick||Atlas VPN App|
|Apple TV||Atlas VPN + PC|
|Chromecast||Atlas VPN + PC|
|Smart TVs (LG, Samsung, Vizio)||Atlas VPN + PC|
|Roku||Atlas VPN + PC|
|Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch)||Atlas VPN + PC|
Unblock Hulu With the Atlas VPN App
AtlasVPN is a great Hulu VPN – here’s how to use them together:
- Sign up for Atlas VPN.
- Click the “VPN Apps” tab on the Atlas VPN website and download the appropriate app for your device.
- Install the Atlas VPN app and log in with the email address you used when signing up. You’ll receive an authentication link and a sign-in code in your inbox. Use either to complete the login process.
- Select the “Streaming” tab and choose a United States VPN server location. Click to connect.
- Launch the Hulu app and binge-watch your favorite shows outside the US.
Unblock Hulu With Atlas VPN via PC Hotspot
While you can access Hulu on Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, or Smart TVs directly with Smart DNS, Atlas VPN doesn’t support this feature.
It’s also disappointing that the VPN service isn’t compatible with routers.
This leaves only one option for unblocking Hulu on devices that don’t work with a VPN – installing Atlas VPN on your Windows PC and sharing the VPN connection to your streaming device.
This method allows you to watch Hulu on any WiFi-capable streaming device via the Hulu app or web browser.
Here are the steps you should follow to unblock Hulu via Windows hotspot:
- Launch the Atlas VPN app, go to Settings and select IPSec/IKEv2 protocol.
- Open the Home tab and connect to a US server.
- Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot and toggle on “Share my internet connection with other devices.”
Click the Edit button to change the Network name and password to something you can easily remember.
For example, AtlasVPN Hulu Hotspot.
- In the same window, click “Change adapter settings,” located in the top-right corner.
- Right-click on the AtlasVPN IKEv2 Connection adapter and select Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab, and check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Under “Home networking connection,” click “Select a private network connection.” Choose the mobile hotspot you just created and click OK.
- Connect your Hulu streaming device to your Atlas VPN-enabled mobile hotspot.
You’ve done it!
Connecting to the Atlas VPN mobile hotspot allows you to enjoy the benefits of the virtual private network without installing the service on your device.
You get a US IP address, bypassing Hulu’s geographical restrictions.
Is Atlas VPN Good for Streaming Hulu?
Atlas VPN is an excellent VPN for watching Hulu. It delivers fast server speeds, allowing you to stream in 4K Ultra HD without buffering.
The VPN service slowed my test internet speed by 15% on average.
You only need 3.75 Mbps, 7.5 Mbps, and 20 Mbps to stream Hulu with Atlas VPN in 720p, 1080p, and 4K, respectively.
Atlas VPN also has a decent US server network, with streaming-optimized servers in 7 cities. This gives you plenty of alternatives if Hulu blocks your Atlas VPN IP.
Atlas VPN is one of the few providers offering a free VPN service.
But it restricts you to a 5GB data cap and 2 free US servers, which seldom work with Hulu.
The only realistic way to reliably stream Hulu with Atlas VPN is with a premium account. You get access to streaming-dedicated servers, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited simultaneous connections.
Luckily, the VPN service is one of the cheapest on the market. And with our exclusive Atlas VPN discount, you can get it at an even lower price.
Want to try it first? Atlas VPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it risk-free.
Here are some key pros and cons you should know about:
Why Is Atlas VPN Not Working With Hulu?
If you carefully followed the setup guides above and still can’t stream Hulu with Atlas VPN, don’t worry. The issue is often due to a blocked Atlas VPN IP address, which you can quickly fix by switching servers.
If this is the case for you, you should see the following Hulu proxy error:
“Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool. Hulu is not currently available outside the U.S If you’re in the U.S, you’ll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu.”
So far, I’ve had a pretty smooth time watching Hulu with Atlas VPN.
But because the streaming service closely monitors IP addresses, it can detect and block known VPN IPs.
Other reasons Atlas VPN might not be working with Hulu include IP leaks and stored cookies.
Atlas VPN Alternatives for Hulu
Despite Atlas VPN being great for accessing Hulu, it has some pretty glaring drawbacks that keep it out of my list of the best VPNs for Hulu.
For instance, the VPN provider doesn’t support smart DNS. It’s also not compatible with routers and doesn’t quite match the speeds and US server networks of some of its competitors.
So, here are my top alternatives:
- NordVPN: Supports SmartDNS and offers a more extensive US server network. It’s also compatible with routers.
- ExpressVPN: Another alternative that supports Smart DNS. Plus, it works with routers and lets you share its VPN connection to Hulu devices via Mac.
- CyberGhost: Offers Hulu dedicated servers for easy unblocking and super-fast connections. CyberGhost also supports Smart DNS and routers.
Hulu won’t ban you for using Atlas VPN to bypass its regional blocks.
But the streaming platform implements a VPN and proxy detection system to block VPNs. Luckily, Atlas VPN offers reliable access to Hulu.
Unfortunately, you can’t reliably unblock Hulu with the Atlas Free plan.
And on the off chance you do, you have to contend with limited server speeds and a 5 GB data cap. I recommend getting the premium version for Hulu.
Atlas VPN is a more than capable VPN for streaming Hulu. It unblocks Hulu quickly and has speedy streaming-optimized servers for a smooth streaming experience.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab our Atlas VPN discount and enjoy the latest season of “The Handmaid’s Tale.”