NordVPN has servers in California, spread across two cities, to allow users to choose the closest Californian server.
The VPN provider boasts 230+ servers in Los Angeles and 70+ servers in San Francisco, bringing its haul of California servers to 300+.
I’ll show you how to connect to NordVPN’s California servers across your mobile and PC devices.
How to Get a California IP Address on NordVPN?
Getting an IP address in the Golden State via NordVPN is easy, as shown below:
- Get a NordVPN account. Use these discounts for savings.
- Download the NordVPN app for your mobile device or PC. I’ll grab the Windows PC app for this example.
- Launch your NordVPN app and log in with your email and password.
- Select the NordLynx protocol for the fast speeds over your California IP. Go through Settings > Connection > VPN protocol and choose “NordLynx.”
- Return to the VPN page and search for “San Francisco” or “Los Angeles.” Click any to connect.
- Wait for the connection confirmation.
- Test for leaks. I use www.ipleak.net to ensure I have the California IP address.
- Unblock UCTV locally, connect to gaming peers in California, and get access to US-available content anywhere.
What’s NordVPN’s Fastest California Server?
The fastest NordVPN server in California is usually the server location closest to you. However, another server may perform better if the nearby server is under a lot of load.
So, it’s best to test for the fastest server, as I’ve shown below:
- Check your base internet speeds to know what you’re comparing against. I got 38Mbps.
- Connect to either the NordVPN Los Angeles or San Francisco server. I’ll connect to the “Los Angeles” server first.
- Re-run the speed test.
- Disconnect from the first server, and connect to the second California location. That would be “San Francisco” for me.
- Run another speed test.
- Compare the results to determine the fastest. In my case, that’s San Francisco.
Does NordVPN Have Specialty Servers in California?
NordVPN offers its Californian servers as specialty P2P servers too.
Thus, they’re enhanced for high-speed activities such as streaming, secure torrent downloads, and gaming.
However, you can only get NordVPN’s California Dedicated IP on the Los Angeles server. Furthermore, NordVPN maintains 10+ servers in Los Angeles for obfuscation, while it has none in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, both California server locations aren’t available for Double VPN or Onion over VPN usage.
Travel Globally; Browse California
NordVPN allows you to get Californian IP addresses from anywhere.
Hence, you don’t have to worry about losing access to your Netflix libraries, local news content, or online banking.
You can even connect to these Californian servers while in the state to secure your activities from AT&T, Verizon, or your ISP’s privacy invasions without losing access to local content.
By the way, you can save on California IPs with these NordVPN discounts.