You can play Elden Ring with NordVPN, as the VPN service provider offers numerous servers to help you unblock gaming geo-restrictions and bypass ISP throttling during gameplay.
NordVPN also boasts fast speed, low ping, and an impressive list of P2P servers, making it a top choice for Elden Ring gamers.
Keep reading to set up NordVPN and enjoy your Elden Ring Realm adventures.
How to Play Elden Ring With NordVPN?
Explore the Swamp of Aeonia securely with NordVPN’s robust security features on your PC or console.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for each device type.
How to Play Elden Ring With NordVPN on PC?
Follow this simple procedure to set up NordVPN for Elden Ring on your PC.
I’ll use a Windows PC for this guide:
- Get a NordVPN subscription. I recommend a multiyear plan to save more.
- Download and install the NordVPN app for Windows.
- Launch the app on your PC and log in with your NordVPN account details (email and password).
- Click Settings > Connection.
- Select “NordLynx” for “VPN protocol.”
- Return to the VPN homepage to connect to a server. Click “Quick Connect” to get the nearest/fastest server.
- If you would instead connect to a preferred server, click the dropdown menu icon to find your preferred server. Click the server to connect.
- Launch Elden Ring after connecting and enjoy!
How to Play Elden Ring With NordVPN on Console?
Although NordVPN doesn’t have native gaming console apps, you can set up your PC as a virtual router and play Elden Ring on your console. Here’s what you need to do:
- Buy a NordVPN subscription.
- Download and install the NordVPN app compatible with your computer. I’ll use a macOS for this guide.
- Log into the NordVPN app with your account credentials.
- Connect to a NordVPN server. I recommend one close to an Elden Ring game server (such as New York, London, or Tokyo) in the P2P server list.
- Go to System Preferences > General > Internet Sharing to configure your Mac as a virtual router.
- From the “Share your connection from” dropdown menu, choose your NordVPN connection (e.g., NordVPN Ethernet, NordVPN Wi-Fi).
- In the “To computer using” section, check the “Wi-Fi” box.
- Click “Wi-Fi Options” to set up your virtual Wi-Fi.
- Enter a network name (SSID), choose a password, and click “OK” to save the Wi-Fi network settings.
- Back in the “Internet Sharing” menu, check the box next to it, and click “Start” to enable Internet Sharing.
- Go to Settings on your gaming console.
- Go to “Network.”
- Click “Set Up internet Connection.”
- Select “Use Wi-Fi.”
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network you created on your computer. It’s the same as the “Network Name” you entered while configuring internet sharing.
- Launch your Elden Ring game and explore the Limgrave over an encrypted hotspot connection!
Why Is NordVPN Good for Elden Ring?
There are several reasons why NordVPN is my preferred VPN for playing Elden Ring. Some of these include:
NordVPN is an excellent option if you don’t want your Elden Ring game session interrupted by lag or bandwidth restrictions. I tested the NordVPN Netherlands server during a multiplayer Elden Ring gaming session with my friends, and the speed was incredible.
NordVPN also has a lightning-fast in-house protocol, NordLynx, which recorded 90.12 Mbps speeds on a 120 Mbps connection over a US – Los Angeles server.
Finally, choose from NordVPN’s extensive P2P server list, explicitly optimized for high-speed and lag-free gaming.
The NordVPN kill switch kicks in when you experience an unexpected VPN connection drop. In that case, it disconnects your internet to ensure your data (like IP and DNS addresses) isn’t exposed to other Elden Ring gamers or the platform itself.
NordVPN offers seamless connection to different devices, including gaming consoles and PCs, allowing you to enjoy Elden Ring across platforms. You can also connect up to six devices simultaneously and share the experience with your friends.
What Are Some NordVPN Alternatives for Elden Ring?
Although NordVPN is one of the top VPN choices for Elden Ring gamers, other trustworthy VPNs offer more than NordVPN. I tested several alternative VPNs ideal for Elden Ring, and here are my thoughts on the top three:
Surfshark - Budget-Friendly VPN & More Simultaneous Connections
Surfshark is an excellent choice to play Elden Ring without slowing your gaming experience. You can also use Surfshark to get past network geo-restrictions to Elden Ring on a stable connection.
If you enjoy playing Elden Ring with your friends, Surfshark’s unlimited simultaneous connections ensure you can all ransack Church of Elleh or the Impassible Greatbridge on the same Surfshark subscription.
Surfshark also offers paid dedicated IP addresses to help you avoid landing on an Elden Ring-banned IP address or exposing your VPN usage to the game publisher.
I recommend the Amsterdam or Germany dedicated IP server locations as they’re closest to Elden Ring servers, ensuring optimal gaming performance.
It’s essential to add that Surfshark is cheaper than NordVPN. So, grab the exclusive Surfshark discounts below to save more and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN - Specialized Router App & Always-on Obfuscation
ExpressVPN offers fast speed, a stable connection, and an extensive server list to follow the guiding light and explore mini-dungeons in Elden Ring.
The VPN service provider’s robust security features, including AES-256 bit encryption, always-on obfuscation, and IP leak protection, ensure anonymity as you play.
Likewise, ExpressVPN’s servers are all P2P-optimized to provide the fastest speed and lowest latency while you take Aric the Valorous through Dungeons, Conquest Battles, or Guided Missions. I tested one of the ExpressVPN Canada – Toronto servers with Elden Ring and didn’t experience any crashes or connection drops.
While the VPN supports up to 8 connections simultaneously, you can also set up ExpressVPN on compatible routers like Asus RT-AC87U and Linksys EA6200 to connect your gaming consoles.
Save more with these ExpressVPN discounts to get all it offers your Elden Ring experience!
PrivateVPN - Port-Forwarding & Free Dedicated IPs
PrivateVPN is another affordable alternative offering anonymity and robust security to securely explore Limgrave and Liurnia without fear of DDoS attacks from other gamers.
Although it only has 200+ servers in 60+ countries, PrivateVPN supports port-forwarding and provides free dedicated IPs for an extra layer of protection.
I connected to Oslo on the dedicated IP list and had stable ping throughout my test gaming sessions over this server.
One outstanding PrivateVPN feature is the customizable encryption feature which allows you to configure your preferred encryption. While I always recommend the AES-256-GCM encryption, you can choose the 128-bit option if you want more speed than security.
Claim the time-limited PrivateVPN discounts below and get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Explore Elden Ring’s Realms With NordVPN
NordVPN is an exceptional Elden Ring gaming choice because of its lightning-fast speed, in-house NordLynx protocol, and 5700+ servers to prevent user overcrowding.
Then, you have its AES-256-bit military-grade encryption with which you can engage in thrilling multiplayer battles on Elden Ring without fear of prying eyes or cyber threats.
Fortunately, I’ve got some amazing discounts on NordVPN, so you can start enjoying the Elden Ring adventure already.