NordVPN works with MLB TV, unblocking baseball games for Canadian, American, and international users with an account to the sports streaming platform.
The best part is that NordVPN helps US and Canadian viewers bypass local game blackouts to watch every match live. So, you don’t have to travel out of Los Angeles or wait for replays to stream the Los Angeles Angels games.
Ready to get started?
How to Unblock MLB TV With NordVPN?
NordVPN is compatible with the devices you can stream MLB TV on, including PCs, mobile devices, gaming consoles, and smart TVs.
I’ve provided setup guides for these devices below.
How to Watch MLB on PC With NordVPN?
Whether you’re using your PC to watch the Rays drag it out with the Yankees in the AL East or another title challenge by the Astros in AL West, here’s how to use NordVPN:
- Get a NordVPN subscription (discount deals here).
- Download the NordVPN app for your PC. I’ll grab the Windows file for this demonstration.
- Install the NordVPN PC app and launch it. Login with your account username and password.
- Click the Settings cog in the lower left corner, then click “Connection.”
- For “VPN protocol,” choose “NordLynx.” This gives you the best balance of speed and security.
- Click the VPN Location icon to return to the home menu.
- Click the dropdown icon.
- Hover on “P2P,” then click the three horizontal dots to choose a preferred P2P server.
- Click the dropdown icon in front of “Fastest server” to choose an MLB-supported location. I recommend a server in the USA or Canada. I’ll connect to a US server for this example.
- Once connected, go to the MLB website on your browser. I recommend using your browser’s Incognito or Private Mode.
- Login to your MLB TV account.
- Start streaming your favorite games from anywhere!
For example, connect to a US – Washington DC server to bypass blacked-out Los Angeles Angels’ games.
How to Watch MLB on Mobile With NordVPN?
NordVPN lets you keep in touch with MLB on mobile and see whether the Cardinals can stage a comeback to the top of the NL Central table. Here’s how:
- Buy a NordVPN plan. I recommend these HUGE deals on the 2-year plan.
- Download NordVPN for your mobile device. You can get the app via your iOS App Store or Android Play Store. I’ll use the iOS app for this example.
- Launch the app and log in with your account credentials.
- Tap the avatar icon in the bottom ribbon, then the settings gear in the top right.
- Select “NordLynx” for protocol. IKEv2 is a close alternative for the best speed and security while streaming.
- Tap the VPN Location icon to return to the VPN home page, then tap “Specialty Servers.”
- Tap the three dots icon in front of “P2P” to choose a server. I recommend the US or Canadian servers.
- For this example, I’ll connect to the United States P2P server.
- Search your iOS App Store for “MLB TV.” Download the app and launch it.
- Login with your account credentials, or sign up if you’re new to MLB TV.
- Start streaming your favorite MLB games live, watch highlights, and bypass blackouts on mobile.
Likewise, you can bypass US MLB team game blackouts by clicking a Canadian server or another NordVPN market outside where the game is blacked out.
How to Watch MLB on Android TV With NordVPN?
Android TV users can download the native NordVPN app, unlike other Smart TV users, and watch the Yankees and Rays share the top slots in the AL East as they’ve done since 2019. Here’s how:
- Got your NordVPN subscription? Grab these discount offers before they run out.
- Power on your Android smart TV and go to your Google Play Store.
- Search for “NordVPN” and install the app.
- Launch the app and log in with your account credentials. These are the email and password details you created in Step 1 above.
- Once in, select the NordLynx or IKEv2 protocol. I recommend NordLynx for better speed and connection stability.
- Return to the VPN homepage and connect to a P2P server. I recommend US or Canadian servers. To bypass blackouts, connect to a US server outside of your location.
- Launch your MLB TV app. Or download it if you don’t have one yet.
- Watch all those innings, strikeouts, and fantastic home runs as they happen.
How to Watch MLB on Smart TV With NordVPN?
Non-Android smart TVs don’t have the luxury of downloading the NordVPN and MLB TV apps. Instead, you can only get MLB on these TVs via:
- Streaming sticks like Amazon Fire Stick and Roku
- TV boxes like Apple TV
No matter which you choose, you can use NordVPN’s Smart DNS to access the games on your TV. The straightforward video guide below will set you up in no time:
Alternatively, you can install NordVPN on a compatible router, choose a USA/Canada server, and connect your smart TV to the network. Thus, unblocking MLB TV.
Here’s another short video guide to installing NordVPN on your router:
How to Watch MLB on Gaming Consoles With NordVPN?
PlayStation and Xbox users get access to the MLB TV app from their respective app stores. However, they don’t have a native NordVPN app there.
Even so, you can set up NordVPN on a router (as shown in the smart TV guide above) and connect your gaming console to the router. Thus, getting the same US or Canada server coverage chosen on the router.
Alternatively, your gaming consoles can also enjoy NordVPN’s SmartDNS.
Once you’ve obtained your NordVPN SmartDNS address, here’s how to update it on your PlayStation consoles:
And here’s the corresponding guide for Xbox:
What Makes NordVPN Ideal for MLB TV?
You’ve already seen that NordVPN works with all devices you can stream MLB TV on.
On top of that, it packs other excellent features to stream baseball games anywhere, as mentioned below.
NordVPN’s ultra-fast servers guarantee HD and 4K MLB TV streaming on your PCs, mobile devices, gaming consoles, or other supported streaming devices.
Connect to its in-house NordLynx protocol to unblock MLB TV without skipping a beat. To top that, choose from any of its US or Canadian P2P servers, as they’re optimized for speed-intensive activities like streaming.
US + Canada Server Spread
Connecting to NordVPN US and Canadian servers ensures the best performance when streaming MLB TV since these servers are closest to you. For even better performance, NordVPN boasts 1970+ US servers in 16 cities. Likewise, it offers 480+ Canadian servers in 3 cities.
Thus, you’re never at risk of VPN overcrowding, server bandwidth throttling, or connection drops due to server congestion.
NordVPN’s reliable MLB TV unblocking on all platforms boils down to its combination of:
- AES 256-bit encryption: This hides your IP address and online activity from MLB’s network, ensuring it doesn’t know you’re accessing the games from an out-of-market region.
- Large server spread: Thus, you can always get a server in a region where an MLB game is playing to avoid blackouts.
- SmartPlay: NordVPN’s exclusive SmartPlay technology is optimized for seamless streaming on all devices, and it’s automatically enabled once you connect to a VPN server.
While NordVPN allows you to stream MLB TV on all supported devices, it also offers six simultaneous device connections.
Hence, multiple MLB fans in the same household or group don’t have to purchase different NordVPN plans to enjoy their favorite games.
What to Do When NordVPN Won’t Unblock MLB TV?
Some mobile and PC users complain that NordVPN doesn’t unblock their MLB TV accounts, even after setting them up properly.
In such cases, here are troubleshooting tips:
Use Incognito/Private Browsing Mode
Recommended For: PC users
Your default browser mode stores cache and cookies that may contain your true IP and DNS details. Thus, even with the VPN active, your cached data will inform MLB’s servers that you’re not in a supported region to watch the games.
I recommend the private or incognito browsing mode since they save neither cache nor cookies.
Don’t Hop Servers
Recommended For: All users
I recommend sticking to just 1-2 VPN server locations to use with your MLB TV account.
Watching a game with the NordVPN Washington DC server, only to grab the next with a Los Angeles server and stream a third with the Miami server, will undoubtedly set off red flags. Instead, choose a location you’ll connect to for most games.
The good news is that only ONE game is usually blacked out for most locations anyway, and you can switch servers for just that game.
PS: The Denver or Atlanta servers are great, as they only have one blacked-out game per season.
Recommended For: All users
If a NordVPN server doesn’t unblock MLB TV on the first attempt, which is rare, the server might:
- Have been overused on MLB by other users, hence, blocked
- Be down for maintenance
- Be in an area where the game is blacked out anyway
Fortunately, NordVPN has 1970+ servers in 16 US cities to choose from.
So, you’re never out of options.
Disconnect Cellular on Mobile
Recommended For: Mobile users
MLB TV caught onto mobile users bypassing its geo-blocks and blackouts by taking GPS details from their iOS and Android units. Thus, the app can use your cellular connection to ping the nearest tower to approximate your location rather than rely on the IP address (which NordVPN changes) alone.
You can get around this by switching on your airplane mode and enabling Wi-Fi only. Thus, the MLB TV app can’t deny you access based on cellular location.
Get the NordVPN Dedicated IP
Recommended For: All users
Instead of risking shared IPs that may already be blocked, you could grab a NordVPN dedicated IP address.
This means you’re the only one with that IP address. Hence, MLB’s servers believe you’re watching the games from a single location (which could be your home).
However, at least one game will be blacked out in the region where your dedicated IP address is domiciled. When that happens, switch to the standard NordVPN servers for just that MLB game.
Go Through Mobile Browsers
Recommended For: Mobile users
If MLB TV still won’t let you access your games on the mobile app due to its GPS tracking, here’s a neat trick that works for some users:
- Close the MLB TV mobile app if you already have it running.
- Set up NordVPN as outlined in the mobile guide above.
- Open your mobile browser and go to the MLB TV website.
- Login to your account.
- Pick the game you want to watch while in the mobile browser.
- Your mobile browser should route you to your official app store to get the MLB app.
- Click “Open” to launch the app while in your device’s app store.
- Choose the game you want to watch again.
- You should now have access!
Never Get Caught Napping on Major League Baseball
NordVPN has you covered whether you want to keep in touch with your favorite baseball teams while traveling outside the USA or Canada or bypass blackouts.
You can connect to any of its 1970+ USA servers or 480+ Canadian servers on PC and mobile to watch live the best innings, cookies, and circus catches.
And if you prefer to watch on the big screens, NordVPN’s SmartDNS and router support come to the rescue.
How about these NordVPN discounts to save money on your subscription?