Surfshark works perfectly with Sling TV.
If you want to watch live American TV channels on Sling while abroad, connect to a US server, and you’ll be set.
In fact, after 2 weeks of streaming Sling TV with Surfshark, I’m yet to run into any issues. Its US servers are lightning-fast, allowing you to stream in HD without buffering.
Want to unblock Sling TV right away? You can grab this limited discount deal and save a few bucks.
Quick Guide: Watch Sling TV With Surfshark in 5 Simple Steps?
Here are the steps you should follow to stream Sling TV with Surfshark:
- Sign up for Surfshark.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the app and log in.
- Connect to a US server.
- Launch the Sling TV app.
That’s it! You can now watch Comedy Central, NBC, E!, and ESPN live!
How to Access Sling TV With Surfshark on Your Streaming Device?
Sling TV is compatible with multiple streaming devices, and you can get the app on:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire Stick
- LG and Samsung Smart TVs
You can also stream Sling TV on your browser.
But not all the devices that support Sling TV work with Surfshark.
That’s not Surfshark’s fault, though.
Some streaming devices, like Roku and Apple TV, lack built-in VPN functionality.
So, how can you access Sling TV with Surfshark on your device? There are 3 solutions:
1. The Surfshark VPN App (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Firestick)
You can use the Surfshark VPN app to unblock Sling TV on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Amazon Firestick.
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough:
- Sign up for Surfshark.
- Download and install the Surfshark VPN app on your device.
- Launch the application and sign in.
- Navigate to a “United States” server location and click to connect.
- Open the Sling TV app or launch the web player on the Sling TV website.
- Voila. You can now watch your American TV channels from anywhere in the world.
2. Surfshark Smart DNS (Apple TV, Xbox One, Smart TVs)
Besides its VPN service, Surfshark offers Smart DNS, enabling you to watch Sling TV abroad on Apple TV and gaming consoles.
The feature is bundled with your VPN subscription, so you don’t need to pay extra.
Smart DNS also doesn’t encrypt your connection, so it’s faster and more suitable for streaming.
Here is how to watch Sling TV outside the US using Surfshark Smart DNS:
- Subscribe to Surfshark.
- Log into your account dashboard.
- Select “VPN > Smart DNS” on the left-side menu and click “Activate Smart DNS.”
- Wait for Surfshark to activate Smart DNS and mark the provided Smart DNS addresses.
- On your streaming device, open the network settings and enter your Surfshark Smart DNS addresses.
The setup process will differ depending on your device. If you’re using a Smart TV, follow these steps:
- On your Smart TV, go to Network Status.
- Press IP Settings.
- Under IP Settings, click DNS Settings and manually enter your Surfshark Smart DNS addresses.
- Save the new DNS settings and press OK.
3. Set Up Surfshark on Your Router (Roku)
Since Roku doesn’t have advanced network settings, you can’t set up a VPN or Smart DNS. You can only use Surfshark with Roku by installing the VPN on your router.
Surfshark works with multiple firmware and has setup guides for each:
If you don’t have access to a router, you can run Surfshark on Windows PC and share the VPN connection to Roku via mobile hotspot.
Unblock Local Channels on Sling From a Different Market With Surfshark
Sling offers Fox and NBC local affiliates in some regions in the US.
Still, you can spoof your location with Surfshark and access any local channel outside the designated market.
It’s an easy way to watch live NFL games without cable.
If you’re a Dallas Cowboys fan living in LA, you can connect to a Surfshark server in Dallas and stream the game on your local NBC or Fox station.
Currently, you can watch local Fox and NBC programming on Sling in the following markets:
|Dallas/Fort Worth||Hartford/New Haven|
|Miami/Fort Lauderdale||San Diego|
|Milwaukee||San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose|
|Minneapolis/St. Paul||Washington, DC|
|San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose|
Can’t Access Sling TV With Surfshark?
I had an easy time using Surfshark with Sling TV. But if you’re having trouble unblocking Sling TV, try the troubleshooting tips below:
1. Switch Servers
Sling isn’t too fond of VPNs. Like Netflix, the streaming platform actively blocks VPN IPs, and its probable Sling blocked your Surfshark VPN server.
Fortunately, the provider has over 600 servers in the US to choose from.
Just switch to another location and relaunch the streaming app.
2. Flush Your DNS
DNS resolver cache can expose your actual location and prevent you from unblocking Sling TV. You must flush your DNS cache using the steps below:
- Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the following commands one after the other:
ipconfig / flushdns
- Press “Enter.”
If you still cannot access Sling TV abroad, try contacting customer support to get personalized assistance. Surfshark has helpful customer support that’s available 24/7.
Can You Subscribe to Sling TV Outside the US?
You can subscribe to Sling TV outside the USA. However, the streaming platform only accepts US payment methods.
Luckily, there are a few workarounds – gift cards and virtual credit cards.
1. How to Subscribe to Sling With a Gift Card?
You can purchase a Sling TV gift card from several online stores, including:
- PayPal Store
Here is how to subscribe to Sling TV using a gift card:
- Launch Surfshark and connect to a US server.
- Go to the Paypal US Gift Card Store and search Sling TV.
- Click on Sling TV from the search results.
- Select the amount, press “This is for me,” and click “Add to Cart.”
- Click “Buy Now.” You’ll receive the gift card at your PayPal email address.
- Go to the Sling TV website, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click “Gift Card.”
- Select the appropriate option below and complete your Sling TV subscription.
As easy as you like!
2. Pay for Sling TV With a Virtual US Credit Card
Besides gift cards, you can purchase a Sling TV package using a virtual US credit card. Providers that offer virtual cards with a US billing address include:
- US Unlocked
How to Download the Sling App Outside the US?
The Sling TV app is available across multiple platform app stores. However, the Apple App Store and Google Play Store geo-restrict the app to users within the US only.
But you can use a simple trick to download and install the Sling app from overseas.
Install Sling via Play Store With Surfshark
Here are the steps you should follow to unblock and download Sling on Android devices:
- Launch Surfshark and connect to a US server.
- Open Android location settings and disable “Location service.”
- Force Stop Play Store app and “clear data.”
- Open the Play Store and log in using a fresh Google account.
- Install the “Sling: Live TV, Shows & Movies” app.
- Open the app and log into your Sling TV account.
Once you’ve installed the Sling TV app, you can turn “location services” back on.
Install Sling on iOS With Surfshark
To install Sling TV on iOS, you need to switch your App Store country to the US.
But doing so comes with serious trade-offs.
One of the biggest drawbacks is losing access to your Apple Music library.
If you’ve already downloaded your music, you can still access it in any region.
So make sure you download your iTunes purchases on all your devices before changing your country or region.
You might also want to back up your downloads on iCloud or secondary storage.
Once that’s done, follow the steps below to install Sling TV on your iPhone outside the US:
- Launch Surfshark and connect to a US VPN server.
- Open your Apple account settings and select “Media and Purchases.”
- Click “View Account.”
- Select “Country/Region.”
- Click “Change Country or Region” and pick “United States.”
You can now download the Sling TV app outside the US.
Does Sling TV Block VPNs?
Sling TV blocks VPNs to prevent users from circumventing its geo-restrictions.
But the best VPN for Sling TV can evade Sling detection and unblock the service outside the US.
Can You Watch Sling TV With Surfshark for Free?
Surfshark offers a free 7-day trial when signing up on mobile.
You can also take advantage of its longer 30-day money-back guarantee to watch Sling TV abroad for free.
Can You Watch Sling TV With Surfshark in the UK?
You can watch Sling TV with Surfshark in the UK. Just connect to a US VPN server and open the streaming service.
Can You Stream Sling TV on Kodi With Surfshark?
Surfshark can unblock Sling TV on Kodi. You can install the VPN directly on Kodi using the Kodi VPN Manager or set it up on your router.
Does Sling TV Offer a Free Trial?
Sling TV offers a free trial but its length and availability change from time to time. Sling also has a free service with a few live TV channels, on-demand movies, and TV shows.
Surfshark is an excellent VPN for watching Sling TV. It unblocks the streaming platform seamlessly and offers super-fast US server connections, allowing you to stream without interruptions.
On top of that, Surfshark has numerous US server locations, letting you stream local Sling TV channels outside the designated market.
Grab our exclusive Surfshark discount and watch Sling TV from anywhere!