You can install the PureVPN app to play Apex Legends on your PC.
However, the PureVPN setup method for consoles differs from the PC setup since the latter has a VPN app.
But don’t let that discourage you.
Continue reading this article to learn what PureVPN server to select for Apex Legends, the correct protocols, and the best settings to enable optimum connection speeds for Apex Legends on PC and console!
How to Play Apex Legends on PC With PureVPN?
Follow the step-by-step guide to enjoy IP masking and content unblocking in Apex Legends via PureVPN:
- Get a PureVPN subscription.
- Install the PureVPN app on your PC.
- Sign in to your PureVPN app using your credentials.
- Click on the cog icon.
- Select “Protocol” and turn off the toggle under “Automatic Protocol Selection.”
- You’ll see a “Warning” pop-up. Click “Proceed.”
- Under the “Select Protocol” drop-down menu, select “WireGuard.”
- Open the “Locations” section.
- Select a location with the lowest “ms” value for faster connection speeds and the lowest ping.
- That’s all! Now launch Apex Legends, play ranked matches in different regions without rubber-banding, and top the list stress-free!
How to Play Apex Legends on a Console Using PureVPN?
You can setup PureVPN on your router, then connect your gaming console to enjoy its privacy and security over your Apex Legends gameplay on PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch.
Remember to choose your preferred PureVPN server for Apex Legends on the router during setup, so your console gets the same address.
If you’re unsure what server to choose, skip to the section below.
However, this requires having a VPN-compatible router or buying one.
So, if your router can’t download a VPN app, creating a virtual router via your PC is an alternative. I’ll use a Windows 10 PC for this demo.
- Purchase a PureVPN subscription.
- Install the PureVPN app on your PC.
- Open “Settings” on your Windows PC.
- Search for “Mobile Hotspot” within Settings.
- Enable “Mobile Hotspot” by turning on the “Share my internet connection with other devices” toggle.
- Since my computer is connected to a LAN, I select “Ethernet” on the left-side menu.
- Under the “Related settings” of the “Ethernet” menu, select “Change Adapter Options.”
- Right-click on PureVPN’s network icon and select “Properties.”
- Open the “Sharing” tab and select “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Under “Home networking connection,” select your Wi-Fi (in my case, it’s Wi-Fi 2), then click “OK.”
- Select the Wi-Fi hotspot you want to connect to from the network connections list.
- Connect your gaming console to the hotspot.
- Connect to a location on your PureVPN app.
- That’s it! Now you shouldn’t experience lag or face speed throttling by your ISP when playing battle royale matches in Storm Point or Kings Canyon!
What’s the Best PureVPN Server & Protocol to Play Apex Legends?
WireGuard is the best PureVPN protocol to play Apex Legends as it delivers fast connection speeds needed for battle royale matches.
For the servers, I recommend connecting to a server that’s closer to your location for fewer connection speed drops and a fantastic gaming experience.
Connecting to a faraway server increases the ping, and your connection speeds may drop.
Luckily, PureVPN shows the ping next to its servers in the location tab.
Choose a server with low to moderate ping if you want to win your team death or battle royale matches.
Also, some Apex Legends players on Reddit reported being banned for using a VPN. Since PureVPN is a premium VPN, you should be fine.
If you want extra security and assurance against bans, purchase a PureVPN dedicated IP. That way, you eliminate the chances of landing on a blacklisted server which another player might have used to incur Apex Legend’s wrath.
How to Fix Lag When Playing Apex Legends With PureVPN?
If you’re facing lag with PureVPN when playing Apex Legends, try the below tips to eliminate it:
Update Your Drivers
System drivers help Windows communicate better with the hardware.
PureVPN and Apex Legends will struggle to perform better if one of the system component’s drivers is outdated or corrupted.
Here’s how to update Windows drivers:
- Right-click the “Start” button and select “Device Manager.”
- Expand all the device categories and see if any driver has the caution sign.
- Right-click those and select “Update driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for drivers.”
- Windows should detect and install the latest drivers available for that specific component.
- Restart your PC after updating the drivers.
Change PC Graphics Settings
If updating the drivers doesn’t help, change your PC’s graphics settings.
Here’s how to do that:
- Click on the magnifying glass icon in the taskbar. Then, search for and open “Graphics settings.”
- Select “Apex Legends” from the menu.
- Click “Options.”
- Select “High performance.”
- Restart your computer and launch Apex Legends; you shouldn’t experience any issues!
- If “High performance” doesn’t help, select “Power saving” and repeat step 5.
How to Set Up PureVPN’s Split Tunneling for Apex Legend?
If you want to access local content, such as your local radio station, while playing Apex Legend on a foreign server, that isn’t possible unless you use split tunneling.
However, many Apex Legend players reported they couldn’t open the game on a VPN with split-tunneling active.
To fix that, add Origin/Steam and Apex Legends to pass through your PureVPN connection in the split tunneling’ settings menu to fix that. Otherwise, you’ll face the error if you only add Steam/Origin or Apex Legends.
That’s a Wrap!
PureVPN is a reliable VPN for Apex Legends, delivering lightning-fast speeds and top-tier security to play the nail-biting Ranked Matches or Team Death matches.
PureVPN also offers port forwarding to further optimize your gaming experience.
PureVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and you can avail of these PureVPN discounts to get it for an even more affordable price today!