You can unblock and watch Amazon Prime Video content with Surfshark by setting up the VPN’s app on your mobile devices/PCs, using its Smart DNS offering or router support for smart TVs and gaming consoles.
Likewise, you can use Surfshark to access Amazon Prime Video content unavailable in your region, even though the service is supported. For example, you can’t get some titles on the Amazon Prime Video (Nigeria) version, but they’re on the US version.
So, if you’re ready to unblock access to Amazon Prime Video, get geo-restricted content, and stream without buffering, continue reading.
How to Use Surfshark to Unblock Amazon Prime Videos?
Surfshark unblocks Amazon Prime Video on numerous platforms, as I’m about to show you below. But first, a sneak peek.
|Amazon Prime Streaming Platform||Example Devices||Best Surfshark Compatibility|
|Mobile||iOS and Android||Mobile app|
|PC||Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook||PC app|
|Gaming consoles||Xbox and PlayStation||Router setup, Smart DNS|
|Android TV||Android Smart TVs||Android app|
|Smart TVs||Samsung, LG, etc.||Router, Smart DNS|
Now, let’s get to it.
How to Unblock Prime Video With Surfshark on Mobile?
The best way to unblock and watch Amazon Prime Video on your mobile device is by using the Surfshark app.
Here’s how to do this:
- Buy a Surfshark subscription. Enjoy these HUGE discounts while they last.
- Download the Surfshark app to your mobile device. I’ll use iOS for this example.
- Login to the Surfshark app with your account credentials.
- Choose the best protocol for speed and security. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Protocol. Select WireGuard (best speed and security) or IKEv2 (more speed on stable connections).
- Enable the VPN kill switch to prevent IP leaks when watching Amazon Prime Video. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > toggle “Kill Switch.”
- Tap the “Locations” icon and search for a preferred streaming location. I’ll use the United States since it has the largest Amazon Prime Video library.
- Connect to any of the US servers you see.
- Wait for the connection confirmation. Then launch your Amazon Prime Video app.
- Log in to the app and search for your preferred content.
- Start streaming anything, anywhere!
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video With Surfshark on PC?
Suppose you want a bigger screen experience than your phone.
In that case, you can also unblock Amazon Prime Video via Surfshark on your PC.
Here’s how you set up the fun with this reliable VPN service:
- Purchase a Surfshark plan. Save more with these discount offers.
- Download the Surfshark app to your PC. I’ll use the Windows PC app for this example.
- Install the app, launch it, and log in with your Surfshark account details.
- Choose the best protocol for speed and security. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Protocol. WireGuard is the best protocol to use on PCs.
- Enable the VPN kill switch to safeguard your true IP address/location if the VPN connection drops. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > toggle “Kill Switch.”
- Tap the “VPN” tab and search for a preferred server location. I’ll use the United States.
- Connect to any of the US servers.
- Wait for the connection confirmation. Then test for leaks. I use www.ipleak.net to ensure my device is now transmitting the Surfshark-assigned IP address.
- Launch your browser in incognito/private browsing mode, then go to Amazon Prime Video’s official website.
- Login to your Amazon Prime account.
- Search for any title you want and enjoy the streaming service.
I observed that not all Surfshark’s UK and US servers are great for streaming Amazon Prime Video.
If you get stuck, disconnect from your chosen server, and connect to another one.
How to Stream Prime Video With Surfshark on Gaming Consoles?
Amazon is generous enough to allow you to stream originals like Jack Ryan, The Romanoffs, and Too Old to Die Young on your Xbox or PlayStation gaming consoles.
The issue is that Surfshark doesn’t have native apps for these units.
Luckily, it has a Smart DNS feature (a free add-on) to bypass geo-restrictions on these gaming consoles. Here’s how to set it up:
- If you don’t have a Surfshark subscription yet, grab these amazing discounts to buy one.
- Go to the Surfshark member area and log in with your username and password.
- In the left menu pane, click “VPN” then “Smart DNS.”
- If you haven’t already activated your Smart DNS, click on the button to do so. If you have, you’ll see smart DNS addresses like mine.
- Optional: If you’re on another network or device, you can click “Change IP” to generate new Smart DNS addresses for your current IP address.
- Keep this browser page open and switch on your gaming console.
- Go to the Network settings area of your gaming console and locate the DNS addresses. I’ve added video guides for Xbox and PlayStation users below.
- Enter the smart DNS addresses you get from Surfshark in the columns provided and confirm the settings.
- Launch the Amazon Prime Video app from your gaming console and stream content anywhere.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video With Surfshark on Smart TVs?
Android Smart TVs have the luxury of downloading the Surfshark app (like an Android phone) to unblock Amazon Prime Video, but that’s not the same for non-Android smart TVs like LG, Samsung, Sony, Hisense, etc.
In this case, you can also adopt the Smart DNS method discussed for consoles above.
Or, if you want to control what region’s content you get on Amazon Prime Video, install Surfshark on your router instead.
- Buy any Surfshark plan you like. I recommend the multi-year deals since they give the best discounts.
- Check that you have a VPN-compatible router. I’ve included a video to check your router’s compatibility below.
- If your router is supported, log in to your Surfshark member area.
- Click “VPN” on the left menu pane, then click “Manual setup.”
- Click “Router.”
- Select the preferred protocol you want to set up on your router. I prefer WireGuard or IKEv2 since we need fast streaming speeds that we might not get with OpenVPN. I clicked “WireGuard” for this example.
- Follow the instructions in the Surfshark video below to set up the rest of the connection.
- Optional: You can find specific Surfshark videos for different router types (OpenWRT or DD-WRT) and manual configurations (IKEv2, WireGuard, and OpenVPN).
- Choose a specific server location to broadcast on the router. I recommend the UK, US, or Canada for the largest Amazon Prime Video libraries.
- Connect your smart TV to the broadcasted router network.
- Unblock Amazon Prime Video and stream your preferred content anywhere.
What Makes Surfshark Compatible With Amazon Prime Video?
Surfshark isn’t just compatible with Amazon Prime Video because it’s a VPN.
I’ve tested other VPN providers with the service that just fell flat.
So, here are a few reasons to use this VPN to unblock and access the streaming platform anywhere:
Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, making it ideal for accessing Amazon Prime Video content anywhere.
I’m particularly impressed by the 600+ USA servers, 360 UK servers, and 120+ Canadian servers to unblock some of the largest Amazon Prime Video content globally. You don’t have to limit yourself to these since there are more locations for niche content.
Fast Streaming Speeds
Surfshark delivers a no-lag streaming experience whenever I binge-watch Meet Cute, Ivanna, The Resort, and other content on Amazon Prime Video.
But I didn’t want you to take my word for it, so I tested the provider on several connections with different ISPs and servers. Here are some results.
On a 25Mbps connection (New Zealand server):
On a 45 Mbps connection (Canada server):
These speeds enable HD and 4K streaming on any device, so you can enjoy your buffer-less content on Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon allows three users to stream content simultaneously via one account.
Surfshark does better with unlimited simultaneous connections.
So, any number of users can connect to a Surfshark server at the same time to unblock and stream Amazon Prime Video securely.
Besides the speeds and simultaneous connections, I’m impressed with how Surfshark has an offering for all devices you can stream Amazon Prime Video on.
There are native apps for PCs and smartphones and router/Smart DNS support for smart TVs and gaming consoles that can’t download the native VPN app.
The best part is that everything comes under the same affordable subscription plan.
So, you don’t have to pay extra to watch Amazon Prime on a preferred screen.
Ease of Use
You’ll notice that the Surfshark app interface and settings look the same on PC and mobile devices. This makes the VPN easier to use, ensuring you can switch between streaming platforms and not have to re-learn how to use the VPN.
Affordability and Guarantee
Above all, Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPN providers I’ve used with Amazon Prime Video, and I’ve used some juggernauts like NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
In fact, it’s the only one of these to offer unlimited simultaneous connections with its great pricing.
You can even get these Surfshark discounts to save more and qualify for a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can I Use Surfshark's Free Trial to Access Amazon Prime?
You can access Amazon Prime with the Surfshark free trial.
However, this free trial is only available on select devices (usually mobile) and doesn’t allow you enough time to test the VPN with the streaming platform.
Thus, it’s best to get the Surfshark 30-day money-back guarantee promise instead to test and unblock Amazon Prime Video on PC, mobile phones, gaming consoles, and smart TVs.
Will Amazon Prime Ban My Account for Using Surfshark VPN?
Amazon Prime won’t ban your account for using Surfshark to stream its services. However, the streaming service has VPN blocks in place to prevent users from circumventing its geo-restrictions, and it may catch on to some overused Surfshark IP addresses.
In this case, you can switch servers when Amazon Prime Video detects one and keep unblocking your preferred content library.
It's Streaming Galore!
You don’t have to search endlessly for a title unavailable in your region anymore when you can unblock it with Surfshark.
Given the VPN’s fast speeds, multi-platform compatibility, and haul of relevant servers for Amazon Prime Video, it’s little surprise that it performed so well for me.
Ready to have a taste of Amazon’s rich content library? Grab these Surfshark discounts to save more and get a 30-day money-back guarantee.