You can set up Surfshark in Denmark by downloading the app, signing up for a plan, and connecting to a Surfshark server.
Once connected, Surfshark shields your identity and data during torrenting, making your activity invisible to Danish ISPs like Telenor, Stofa, Waoo, and Boxer.
Additionally, Surfshark’s geo-unblocking feature lets you seamlessly access global content like US Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer in Denmark.
So, continue reading to learn how to set up Surfshark in Denmark.
How to Set Up Surfshark on PCs and Mobile in Denmark?
- Download the Surfshark application for your device.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file in your downloads folder and open it to start the installation process.
- Once the application is installed, open it and log in using your account credentials.
- Enable CleanWeb and Kill Switch to block ads and malware and prevent IP address exposure. Go to settings > VPN settings > toggle on Kill Switch and CleanWeb.
- Connect to WireGuard protocol for its fast and secure connection. To enable it, go to Settings > VPN settings > Select Protocol.
- Connect to a server of your choice from a server list. Just click on the VPN icon and select the Location tab.
- After connecting with a Surfshark server, you can anonymously access geo-restricted streaming services. I used a Surfshark Japanese server to watch the Japanese Netflix series Trillion Game.
How to Get a Denmark IP Using SurfShark?
To get a Denmark IP using Surfshark, follow these steps:
- Download the Surfshark app on your device.
- Log in to your Surfshark account.
- Select a Denmark server and connect to it.
- Once connected, you’ll get a Denmark IP address.
What’s the Best Surfshark Server and Protocol for Denmark?
The best Surfshark server for Denmark depends on your specific needs.
Connect to the Denmark server for P2P file sharing and protect your public WiFi data at Copenhagen Airport or at bustling venues such as Tivoli Gardens.
Or, to access foreign streaming services, choose a server in the country where the platform is licensed. For example, I connected to the USA – Boston server to watch the Netflix USA series “The Secret of My Success.”
Also, ensure you use the best Surfshark protocol for Denmark: WireGuard.
It offers faster speeds, robust security, and efficient performance. This makes it perfect for accessing your online banking abroad, such as Danske Bank or Nordea.
To cement that point, I conducted speed tests using WireGuard and OpenVPN.
On my 19 Mbps connection, WireGuard averaged 17.43 Mbps, with only a 2% decrease.
OpenVPN (TCP) significantly decreased speed, dropping my connection from 19 Mbps to 1.29 Mbps.
OpenVPN (UDP) performed better than OpenVPN (TCP), with my connection achieving 13.02 Mbps.
Surfshark recycles IP addresses, so an IP used for Norway might now be for Denmark. However, some online services like Google have outdated geo–databases.
Thus, they still associate the IP address with Norway, resulting in the VPN user seeing Norway content (ads, search results, etc.). To rectify this, reconnect to the Denmark server to get a new IP address or connect to a different server location.
Surfshark has specialty servers in Denmark, including MultiHop, Obfuscated, and P2P servers, to enhance your Denmark experience. For instance, MultiHop servers provide extra security and are useful for securely accessing your Danske Bank or Nordea accounts on public Wi-Fi.
Set Up Surfshark in Denmark Now!
Setting up and using Surfshark in Denmark is a straightforward process.
Once connected, enjoy secure and private internet browsing, access geo-restricted content, and stay protected from Stofa, Sagitta ApS, TDC Danmark, and other Denmark ISPs.
If this sounds interesting, get the Surfshark with these HUGE discounts.