Roblox is an online gaming platform that has taken the world by storm, allowing users to create virtual games, play games created by others, and connect with friends from around the globe.
We will explore how the platform has grown and evolved over the years, what makes it so popular, and what the future holds for this innovative gaming giant.
So, whether you are a seasoned Roblox player or simply curious about this exciting platform, discover the most interesting Roblox statistics, facts, and trends.
Top 7 Roblox Statistics (Editor’s Pick)
- Over 50% of US iOS mobile users who buy on Roblox spent between $0.99 and $9.99 in 2021.
- Roblox was the most profitable iPad app in the United States in 2022.
- Roblox hit over 500 million downloads on Google Play Store in 2023.
- Over 26 million people virtually attended “The Bloxy,” Roblox’s awards ceremony, in 2021.
- Roblox registered 11.1 billion hours of user engagement in Q3 2021.
- The United States and Canada had the highest number of daily active Roblox users in Q1 2021.
- Roblox had 31.9 million daily active users aged over 13 globally in Q3 2022.
Roblox Usage Statistics
1. Roblox games’ daily active users hit 47.3 million in Q3 2021.
The number rose to 49.5 million in Q4 2021. By Q1 2022, Roblox’s daily active users had reached 54.1 million before dropping to 52.2 million in Q2 2022.
The number grew to 58.8 million in Q3 2022, registering around a 13% increase from the previous quarter.
2. Roblox had over 203 million average monthly players in December 2022.
November 2022 attracted about 205.6 million monthly Roblox players, while October saw an average of 201 million.
The table below shows the average monthly players on Roblox from January to December 2022.
|Month (2022)||Average Monthly Players (Million)|
3. Roblox had 31.9 million daily active users aged over 13 globally in Q3 2022.
In the same quarter, 26.4 million daily active users were aged 13 years and below.
In Q2 2022, daily active users aged 13+ comprised 27.7 million of the total count, while those aged 13 years and below were 24.2 million.
Roblox Revenue Statistics
4. Roblox’s revenue reached $509 million in Q3 2021.
By Q4 2021, the figure hit $569 million before dropping to $537 million in Q1 2022. Roblox’s revenue grew to $591 million in Q2 2022 and dropped again to $517 million in Q3 2022.
5. Roblox was the most profitable iPad app in the United States in 2022.
It generated $30.67 million in revenue, making it the top iPad app (by revenue) in the Apple App Store in 2022.
Below is a table showing the five leading iPad apps in the United States by revenue in 2022.
|iPad App||Revenue Generated (in Millions)|
|Candy Crush Saga||$17.51|
|DoubleDown™ Casino -Slots Game||$8.91|
|HBO Max: Stream TV & Movies||$7.63|
|Jackpot Party - Casino Slots||$6.75|
6. Over 50% of US iOS users who buy on Roblox spent between $0.99 and $9.99 in 2021.
From January to September 2021, 52% of iOS users who made in-app purchases on Roblox spent $0.99 and $9.99. 34% of this group spent an average of $10 – $49.99, and 1 in 20 users averaged $50 – $99.99 spent on the platform.
Likewise, 9% of the US iOS mobile users who bought stuff on the Roblox app spent $100 or more.
7. The Roblox app earned the highest revenue from iPads in February 2022.
The Roblox app generated $45.99 million from the iPad, made $15.49 million from the iPhone, and earned $9.14 million via Google Play in February 2022.
Roblox Demographics Statistics
8. The United States and Canada had the highest daily active Roblox users in Q1 2021.
In Q1 2021, Roblox’s daily active users hit 12.6 billion in the US and Canada.
In contrast, Europe had 12.5 billion, Asia accounted for 6.5 million, and the rest of the world comprised 10.6 million users on the platform.
9. The United States has the highest number of Roblox users in 2023.
In January 2023, the United States had a 20.21% share of the total number of Roblox players, followed by Brazil (7.85%). The table below shows the 5 countries with the highest percentage of Roblox users.
|Country||Share of Roblox Players (%)|
10. More than half of the Roblox users in 2022 were male.
51% of the total Roblox users were male, while females grabbed 44%.
5% chose not to disclose their gender.
11. Roblox has over 1,200 employees in 2023.
Of all Roblox employees, 38% are women, and men represent 62%.
12. More than half of the Roblox employees in 2023 are white.
53.6% of the total Roblox employees are Whites, followed by Latinos (21.4%), Asians (14.3%), and African Americans (7.1%). 3.6% of those employed did not disclose their ethnicity.
Roblox Developer Statistics
13. Roblox developers and creators were projected to earn $500 million in 2021.
In contrast, Roblox developers earned $209.2 million from January – September 2020.
14. In the United States, a Roblox Developer earns an average salary of $88,308 annually.
This figure converts to $7,359 monthly, $1,698 weekly, and $42 hourly earnings in the United States in 2023.
Roblox User Engagement Statistics
15. Roblox registered 11.1 billion user engagement hours in Q3 2021.
In Q4 2021, the platform attracted a lower engagement of around 10.8 billion hours.
The figure rose to about 11.8 billion hours in Q1 2022 before dropping again to approximately 11.2 billion in Q2 2022.
By Q3 2022, total user engagement on Roblox had grown to around 13.4 billion.
16. Roblox hit over 500 million downloads on Google Play Store in 2023.
As of February 2023, Roblox had a Google Play Store rating of 4.4 stars and 33.4 million reviews.
Roblox Game Statistics
17. “Adopt Me!” is the most popular Roblox game in 2023.
As of January 2023, “Adopt Me!” had attracted around 31.7 billion visits.
The table below shows the top 5 Roblox games with the most visits as of January 2023.
|Game||Number of Visits (in Billions)|
|Tower of Hell||19.93|
18. The first Roblox game was “Rocket Arena.”
In January 2006, Rocket Arena was made available on the platform.
Other Roblox Statistics
19. Roblox lost over 2.55 million players in December 2022.
Likewise, Roblox lost over 3.1 million players in July and more than 6.4 million in June 2022.
This gaming platform also saw over 2.87 million players leave in April 2022 and 6.48 million in March 2022. Other notable instances were in February and January of 2022, when over 5 million and 560,004 players left the platform, respectively.
20. Roblox's end-of-year market capitalization in 2021 was $59.71 billion.
The figure dropped by 71.36% in 2022, registering at $17.09 billion.
But as of February 2023, Roblox’s market capitalization has grown to $20.68 billion.
21. David Baszucki is the richest Roblox player in 2023.
The CEO and co-founder of Roblox Corporation, David Baszucki, has a net worth of $198 million, making him the platform’s wealthiest player.
He is followed by Stickmasterluke (Luke Weber), who joined Roblox in 2007, and has a net worth of $149 million as of 2023. Son Of Sevenless (John James Shedletsky) came third with a net worth of $106 million.
22. The average annual salary at Roblox in 2022 was $121,656.
That means Roblox paid an average of $58.49 hourly in 2022.
Likewise, the entry-level pay at Roblox was around $81,000 a year, and the highest-paid employees got over $181,000 annually.
23. The engineering department at Roblox paid $60.80 per hour in 2022.
Engineering was the highest-paying department at Roblox, followed by IT, which paid $57.15 per hour. The marketing department paid $54.66 hourly, while art/design had an hourly rate of $51.63.
Other notable departments were manufacturing and human resources, averaging $44.99 and $39.99 hourly, respectively.
24. The official Roblox YouTube channel hit 4 million subscribers in 2023.
As of February 2023, Roblox’s YouTube channel has 4 million subscribers.
The channel was created on 24th September 2006, attracting over 180.5 million views.
25. Over 26 million people virtually attended “The Bloxy,” Roblox's awards ceremony in 2021.
Around 0.855 million players were connected and watching the event simultaneously. The event also generated around $100,000 for charity.
Join Roblox Today
Roblox has proven to be an unstoppable force in online gaming.
With its massive user base, innovative features, and endless possibilities for creativity and collaboration, it continues to captivate and inspire millions worldwide.
To keep up with the latest gaming trends, please read these online gaming statistics for the latest data.