CyberGhost is a good gaming VPN to bypass ISP throttling and achieve lower ping in games like Lost Ark, Dota 2, PUBG, Apex Legends, Fortnite, World of Warcraft, etc.
It can satisfy any gamer’s appetite for a gaming VPN with features like gaming-optimized servers, dedicated IP addresses, DDoS attack prevention, and more.
Keep reading as I share my experience with gaming with CyberGhost and share its installation guides for mobile, PC, and gaming consoles.
How to Enjoy Safe Online Gaming With CyberGhost?
Start by getting a CyberGhost subscription, then follow these tutorials:
How to Set Up CyberGhost for Mobile Gaming on Smartphones?
To spoof your mobile location with CyberGhost for games like Ingress or Hearthstone, do this:
- Visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to install the CyberGhost app. I’ll use an iPhone to illustrate this, but the process is similar on Android.
- Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
- Allow CyberGhost to add the VPN configuration. For Android users, approve connection requests when prompted.
- Connect to a VPN server and open your desired mobile game to enjoy all the benefits of the VPN.
How to Set Up CyberGhost for Gaming on PC?
I evaluated the gaming performance of CyberGhost by playing Valorant for hours, and it surpassed my expectations. There were no significant lag or frame drops.
Here’s how you can similarly enjoy secure gaming with CyberGhost on PC:
- Download the CyberGhost app for Windows.
- Install the app via its installation wizard.
- Launch the CyberGhost app and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a gaming-optimized server to enjoy unrestricted gaming.
How to Set Up CyberGhost on PS5/PS4 or Xbox Consoles?
CyberGhost also offers a convenient SmartDNS option that simplifies VPN installation on any gaming console. However, SmartDNS excludes encryption, so while the installation is quick, it won’t retaliate against DDoS attacks.
For gamers seeking to safeguard their consoles from DDoS attacks, I’ll illustrate two alternative installation guides with encryption after the Smart DNS setup.
Use CyberGhost on Consoles via Smart DNS
Here’s how to activate CyberGhost’s Smart DNS:
- Open the CyberGhost website and go to Account Overview > Smart DNS
- Enable the Smart DNS option, select your gaming console, and copy the DNS address beside it.
- Then, replace the DNS server of your gaming console with the IP address you copied.
- For PS4/5: Go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual.
- For Xbox: Visit General > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings
Once the DNS is altered, you can join different game lobbies on your PS4/5 or Xbox console.
Install CyberGhost on a Physical Router
If you enjoy gaming on multiple devices, installing CyberGhost on your router is recommended so it covers the whole household. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
- Go to CyberGhost’s website and visit Download Hub > VPN > Manual setup.
- Select your desired configuration from the “Configure routers or other devices” menu and then save the configuration.
- Go to VPN > Manage Devices and view the router app you just created.
- Download the router configuration and keep the page open as it contains the username and password.
- Login to your router’s admin panel and go to VPN tab > VPN Client > Add Profile.
- Select OpenVPN, enter the username and password you found, and then upload the router configuration you downloaded in the fourth step.
- Click OK to save the Profile, and click “Activate.”
Install CyberGhost via a Virtual Router
If your router model is incompatible with CyberGhost, you can also turn your PC Into a virtual router to share that connection with the gaming console via mobile hotspot.
I’ll be demonstrating this using macOS.
- Go to settings and visit General > Sharing.
- Enable “Internet sharing” and select the “i” icon beside it.
- Select the VPN from the dropdown menu labeled “Share your connection from.”
- Check the Wi-Fi box from the “To computer using” dropdown menu.
- Launch the CyberGhost app on your Mac and connect to your preferred server.
- Access the Wi-Fi settings on your gaming console and establish a connection to the virtual server you just created to relish secure gaming.
Why Is CyberGhost Good for Online Gaming?
Here’s a quick look at some features that make CyberGhost popular among online gamers.
- Gaming Optimized servers: Among its massive server catalog are servers dedicated to enriching your gaming experience. You can choose from Frankfurt, London, New York, and Paris servers to lower ping and latency.
- Prevent DDoS attacks: CyberGhost’s military-grade encryption can brush off all DDoS attacks, ensuring uninterrupted gaming sessions without the frustration of frozen screens or unexpected game disconnections.
- Top-notch speeds: The WireGuard protocol is extremely good at delivering consistent speeds. I slaughtered an entire army of foes in League of Legends thanks to an impressive 92 Mbps download speed which can also facilitate seamless cloud gaming on Geforce Now.
- Dedicated IP addresses: CyberGhost allows gamers to obtain a dedicated IP address exclusive to their gaming sessions. This lowers the risk of a ban on games like GTA V and Roblox.
- Supports all platforms: CyberGhost allows up to seven simultaneous connections regardless of what gaming device you use.
- Affordable gaming VPN: CyberGhost is among the most budget-friendly gaming VPNs in the industry. It comes reasonably cheap if you get this limited-time deal backed by a benevolent 45-day money-back guarantee.
Best VPN Alternatives to CyberGhost for Online Gaming
While CyberGhost should be a good enough VPN for most gamers, it still isn’t the fastest gaming VPN out there, and the Windows app can sometimes be clumsy.
Here are a few alternatives to CyberGhost that might offer better value for your needs.
NordVPN - Play Multiplayer LAN Games With Meshnet
NordVPN is a far more recognized VPN than CyberGhost and is a better choice for gaming due to the following reasons:
- NordVPN features a unique Meshnet feature that lets gamers host a virtual LAN party to play local multiplayer games with their buddies worldwide.
- Its proprietary protocol, NordLynx, delivers faster and more consistent speeds than CyberGhost to facilitate smooth cloud gaming.
- NordVPN has unparalleled security with state-of-the-art encryption and Threat Protection to block malware and ads during your gameplay.
Claim this one-time discount to get NordVPN at a reasonable cost with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark - Affordable Gaming VPN With Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
Surfshark comes at a similar cost to CyberGhost and offers superior gaming features like:
- Secure gaming across all devices with a single subscription, thanks to support for infinite simultaneous connections.
- Access to a broader range of regional titles and region-locked DLCs via its 3200+ servers spread across 100 countries.
- Although it features the same WireGuard protocol, I experienced faster speeds on Surfshark than CyberGhost.
Get a steal deal on Surfshark with these enticing discounts backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN - Unmatchable Speeds for Cloud Gaming
If you don’t mind shelling out extra bucks for unmatched speeds, ExpressVPN is an excellent choice because it has:
- Its own Lightway protocol that delivers blazing-fast speeds, which can even facilitate streaming with smooth gameplay.
- ExpressVPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries to get around unfair IP bans and bypass price discrimination to save money.
- It’s a rare VPN to offer a dedicated router app that lets you equip all your gaming devices with encryption within minutes.
Seize these exclusive discounts to maximize savings on ExpressVPN, and relish the 30-day money-back guarantee.
You won’t get banned for using CyberGhost to play games securely.
However, it’s worth noting that digital video game storefronts like Epic Games or Steam have policies that prohibit VPNs’ geo-spoofing for forcing regional prices.
The CyberGhost server closest to your location is the best server for gaming as it delivers the best possible ping and latency. I advise you to only connect to servers farthest from you if you want to unblock a region-locked DLC or join foreign lobbies.
You can use CyberGhost to play gambling & casino games without revealing your identity. If you reside in a region where gambling is prohibited, use CyberGhost to unblock any betting, blackjack, or roulette website.
Gamers often use it for The Diamond Casino Resort in GTA 5.
Enjoy Low-Ping Gaming With CyberGhost!
CyberGhost proved an incredible choice for anyone who wants to enjoy low ping and latency gaming via its gaming-optimized servers.
It’s also a good bet for gamers interested in server hopping, dedicated IP addresses, and protection against DDoS attacks.
All set to slay your rivals in online games via CyberGhost? Don’t miss out on this irresistible deal.