You can set up and use IPVanish on Apple TV in minutes through AirPlay.
Just install and connect to the VPN on your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or Mac and mirror your screen to your Apple TV display.
If you don’t have access to an AirPlay device, you can configure IPVanish to your router to unblock geo-restricted streaming apps, movies, and TV shows on your Apple TV.
Lastly, you can use IPVanish on your Apple TV by setting it up on a PC and sharing the VPN connection via the Windows mobile hotspot.
I’ll walk you through all three methods.
Set Up IPVanish on Apple TV via AirPlay
Using IPVanish on Apple TV through AirPlay is easy compared to other methods. However, it doesn’t work with Netflix and a few other Apple TV apps.
But apps such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Apple TV+ work fine.
If no Netflix access isn’t a dealbreaker for you, follow the steps below to watch Apple TV with IPVanish via AirPlay:
- Sign up for IPVanish. (Get our sign-up deal to save big!)
- Go to the App page on the IPVanish and select iOS or Mac, depending on your Apple device. Click “Download on the App Store.”
- Alternatively, open the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac and install the IPVanish app.
- Launch the VPN app and sign in with your IPVanish username and password.
- Connect to your target IPVanish server to unblock your favorite Apple TV app or content library.
- With your iPhone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, open the Control Center and click “AirPlay.”
- Find your Apple TV on the list of available AirPlay devices and click to connect.
- Go back to the iPhone App drawer and launch Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Disney+, or any other app you’re trying to watch on your Apple TV.
Set Up IPVanish on Apple TV via Router
Another way to use IPVanish on Apple TV is by configuring it on your router.
That way, your Apple TV and every other device connected to the router’s WiFi network will use the IPVanish public IP.
This allows you to bypass geo-blocks and access any app on Apple TV and even specific geo-restricted content libraries on universally available Apple TV apps like Netflix.
You can set up IPVanish on a wide range of routers, including:
- Linksys (Cisco)
The installation process differs based on the router firmware, but the VPN service provider has a helpful resource to find setup guides for each brand.
Once set up, you can switch servers to unblock Apple TV apps from different regions. This can be done through your router’s admin panel, and some models include a smartphone app making it easier to configure IPVanish.
Set Up IPVanish on Apple TV via Windows Hotspot
Lastly, you can unblock Apps on your Apple TV with IPVanish using your Windows PC.
- Download and install the IPVanish app on your Windows PC.
- Launch the IPVanish app and enter your email/username and password.
- Go to Settings > Protocol and switch from “Automatic Protocol” to WireGuard.
- Select the “Server Locations” tab near the top-left corner and connect to a server in your target region.
- Go to Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot and enable Mobile hotspot.
- On the same window, click “Change adapter options.”
- Right-click on the IPVanish network connection and select Properties.
- Open the ”Sharing” tab and check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Open the list of network connections under “Home networking connection” and select your mobile hotspot connection.
- Click OK to save your new network settings and open Settings > Network on your Apple TV.
- Select “Wi-Fi” and click on your Windows mobile hotspot to connect.
- Launch your favorite streaming app on Apple TV and watch geo-blocked movies, TV shows, and documentaries seamlessly.
Best IPVanish Server for Streaming on Apple TV?
The best IPVanish server for streaming on Apple TV depends on the Apple TV streaming app you want to access.
For BBC iPlayer, I recommend the United Kingdom (Manchester) server location.
It delivered the best download speeds, followed by the Birmingham server location.
I also tested IPVanish with Hulu on Apple TV, and the United States (Boston) server location was the best for the streaming service and other American sites, like Netflix.
You can watch Netflix on Apple TV using IPVanish. During my tests, it unblocked all popular Netflix libraries on Apple TV, including Netflix US, Netflix UK, Netflix DE, and Netflix CA. And thanks to IPVanish’s fast speeds, you can stream Netflix in HD or 4K without buffering.
Enjoy More Shows on Apple TV With IPVanish
Are you unhappy with the movies, TV shows, and documentaries on your Apple TV? You can add more content instantly with IPVanish.
It provides access to virtually every Apple TV streaming app in any region worldwide, including Netflix, Hulu, Max, Paramount+, and Peacock.
So, grab our IPVanish limited-time discount and access a new world of entertainment.