You can set up and use NordVPN on Apple TV via Smart DNS, VPN router, or by sharing your VPN connection. Whichever method you choose, you’ll be guaranteed super-fast streaming speeds and reliable content unblocking.
So, let’s get started with how to set up NordVPN on your Apple TV.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Apple TV in Minutes?
Since Apple TV doesn’t natively support VPN apps, you need a workaround to use NordVPN on the streaming device.
That’s where NordVPN’s Smart DNS, router setup, and PC connection share come in.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Apple TV via SmartDNS?
- Select NordVPN on the left-hand side.
- With your VPN disabled, go to the SmartDNS section and click “Enable.”
- Click “Activate SmartDNS” to enable the service.
- Wait for NordVPN to update your account with your SmartDNS addresses. Note the addresses, as you’ll need them later.
- Go to your Apple TV and open Settings.
- Select “Network.”
- Choose “Wi-Fi.”
- Select your WiFi network from the list and click “Configure DNS.”
- Select “Manual.”
- Click “Enter manually,” then enter the NordVPN SmartDNS addresses you noted earlier and click OK.
- Restart your Apple TV, and that’s it. You can now access Netflix US, Max, Sling TV, Hulu, and more on your Apple TV from anywhere.
How to Use NordVPN on Apple TV via Windows Hotspot?
Using NordVPN on Apple TV via Windows hotspot gives you access to the provider’s entire server network, allowing you to unblock any app and content.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Subscribe to NordVPN.
- Download and install the NordVPN app on your Windows PC.
- Choose the “OpenVPN” protocol. Go to Settings > Connection > VPN protocol > OpenVPN (UDP).
- Connect to a server in a country where the app or content you want to unblock is accessible. For example, connect to a UK server to unblock BBC iPlayer.
- On your PC, go to Settings > Mobile hotspot.
- Select “Wi-Fi” under “Share my internet connection from” and enable Mobile hotspot.
- Click “Change adapter options” on the same window (in the top right corner under “Related settings“).
- Navigate to the network connection using the TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter. Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Sharing tab and check “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Open the drop-down menu under “Home networking connection” and select your mobile hotspot connection.
- Select OK to save your new network settings.
- Turn on your Apple TV and connect to the NordVPN-enabled mobile hotspot you’ve created.
How to Use NordVPN on Apple TV via Router?
If you don’t have access to a Windows PC, you can install NordVPN on your router and connect your Apple TV to the resulting network. Here’s a straightforward video guide to help you out:
The VPN is compatible with a wide range of router firmware, including
Once you’ve configured the VPN, connect your Apple TV to the router’s WiFi network.
The setup process is slightly less intuitive, but I’ve created a step-by-step guide to help you.
Explore Apple TV Content Better
There you go! You can now unblock Netflix, Max, Hulu, and any other streaming apps on your Apple TV with NordVPN.
And thanks to the VPN’s ultra-fast speeds on Apple TV, you can watch anything in 4K without buffering.
Ready to unleash new movies, TV shows, and documentaries on your Apple TV?
Grab our limited-time NordVPN sign-up discount and save big on your first subscription!