PIA works in Pakistan, allowing you to bypass censorship and access Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, and the 900,000+ sites blocked by the PTA.
I also found it an excellent choice for streaming in Karachi. During my tests, it unblocked Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer on the first attempt.
And thanks to its super-fast speeds, I could stream in HD without lag.
On top of that, PIA offers robust security features, allowing you to hide your browsing activities from PTCL and the authorities.
I’ll show you how to use PIA in Pakistan across different platforms in this guide.
How to Unblock Content With PIA in Pakistan?
PIA works on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.
Using its Smart DNS feature, you can also set it up on Apple TV, Xbox, PS, Samsung TV, LG TV, and other everyday devices that don’t support VPNs.
Here’s a quick table showing the recommended PIA setup method for some of the common devices in Pakistan:
|Recommended Set Up||Devices|
|VPN App||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Fire TV|
|Smart DNS||Apple TV, Samsung TV, LG TV|
|Router/Mobile Hotspot||Roku, Chromecast|
How to Use PIA in Pakistan via the VPN App?
Private Internet Access has a dedicated app for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS, and Amazon Fire TV.
This makes it straightforward for computers, smartphones, and compatible smart TVs. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for Private Internet Access.
- Download and install the Private Internet Access app on your computer, smart TV, or mobile device.
- Launch the VPN app and sign in with your PIA account details.
- Click the arrow (>) next to “VPN Server” to open the PIA server list.
- Select your preferred server location.
- Click the large ON button to connect to your selected server location.
- Wait for the VPN to connect.
- You can now browse the internet without exposing your online activities to Jazz, Zong, Ufone, or Telenor in Pakistan.
How to Use PIA in Pakistan via Smart DNS?
This method is the best for devices that don’t support VPNs. Compared to the router method, Smart DNS offers faster speeds and is better for streaming.
Here’s how to set up PIA Smart DNS on your streaming device:
- Sign up for PIA if you haven’t yet. You can use our sign-up deal for a welcome discount.
- Log in to the PIA client control panel.
- Select “Smart DNS” and click “ADD NEW DEVICE.”
- Click “Select Device” to select your device from the list.
- Select your target Smart DNS location.
- Scroll to the “Get Your Smart DNS” and copy your assigned Smart DNS address.
- Go to network settings to enter your PIA Smart DNS address on your streaming device.
With Smart DNS enabled, you can unblock streaming content from the US, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, and Japan in Pakistan and on your Smart TV.
How to Use PIA in Pakistan via Router?
For Roku, Chromecast, and other devices that aren’t compatible with either PIA VPN or Smart DNS, you can still use them with the VPN through your router.
PIA supports multiple router firmware and brands, including the following:
Once you’ve configured the VPN on your router, connect the device you want to use with PIA to the resulting WiFi network to unblock sites and browse privately.
How to Use PIA in Pakistan via a Virtual Router?
If you don’t have access to a physical router, you can set up PIA on your PC and share the connection to other devices via a Windows mobile hotspot.
- Open PIA on your PC and connect to your preferred server.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot on your PC and toggle it on.
- Click “Change adapter options” on the same window to open the Network Connections window.
- Navigate to the Private Internet Access Local Area Connection, right-click, and select “Properties.”
- Select the “Sharing” tab and click “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Click “Select a private network connection” in the same popup window and select the Windows mobile hotspot connection
- Click OK to save the changes and connect your device to your Windows hotspot.
- That’s it. You can now watch your favorite shows on Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Netflix US when traveling to Pakistan.
Does PIA Have Pakistani Servers?
Private Internet Access doesn’t have servers in Pakistan. To get a Pakistan IP for accessing your bank and student portal from abroad, I recommend Surfshark.
Surfshark has 4 servers in Pakistan and 3200+ servers worldwide for bypassing censorship and streaming Hulu and other foreign services.
It also uses military-grade encryption to keep your data from prying eyes and offers Dynamic MultiHop (Double VPN) locations to protect you from the PTA.
Can PIA Avoid PTA VPN Detection Methods?
Yes, PIA can avoid PTA detection methods. But for that, I recommend using the OpenVPN protocols.
Here’s how to set OpenVPN as your active protocol on the PIA VPN app:
- Click the three-dotted line in the top-right corner and open Settings.
- Click Protocols on the left-hand-side panel and select OpenVPN.
You’re now using OpenVPN. With the protocol enabled, the PTA can’t detect that you’re using Private Internet Access.
Is PIA Better Than Free VPNs in Pakistan?
PIA is better than free VPNs in Pakistan. On top of using more robust encryption to keep you safe from government snooping, it’s faster than all free VPNs in Pakistan that we tested, making it miles better for streaming and gaming.
It also works with all the major streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, which is a mean feat. Most free VPNs are unable to unblock these streaming platforms.
Browse Safely Online in Pakistan
With Private Internet Access, you can keep your ISP and the PTA at bay, ensuring no third party can access your data.
PIA also unblocks virtually all the foreign sites blocked in Pakistan and works with all the primary streaming platforms.
Whether in Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, or the capital, PIA offers excellent speeds, allowing you to stream 4K videos without buffering.
So, what are you waiting for? Get our exclusive PIA discount and beat censorship and geo-restrictions right away.