You can use PrivateVPN with Deluge by setting up the VPN with your preferred device and connecting to a VPN server before downloading torrents.
That way, you enjoy unlimited torrenting while remaining secure from your ISP, copyright trolls, and other malicious actors scouring torrent sites.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to use PrivateVPN with Deluge to encrypt your traffic, allowing you to browse and download torrent files risk-free.
How to Set Up PrivateVPN for Deluge?
Setting up PrivateVPN for Deluge is straightforward. But before anything, you’ll require a PrivateVPN subscription.
That said, below are three ways to use PrivateVPN with Deluge:
- Set up PrivateVPN for Deluge on PC.
- Set up PrivateVPN’s SOCKS5 proxy for Deluge.
- Set up PrivateVPN’s port forwarding for Deluge.
How to Set Up PrivateVPN for Deluge on PC?
Follow these basic steps to protect yourself on Deluge via PrivateVPN:
- Select a PrivateVPN plan that meets your needs.
- Download the PrivateVPN app on your PC. You can check your device’s official app store or download it from PrivateVPN’s download page.
- Install and launch your VPN software.
- Log in with your PrivateVPN username and password.
- Enable the kill switch to help in case your VPN connection drops.
- Select and connect to the nearest VPN server for the fastest speed. You can also search for other P2P servers to connect to. I recommend the Dedicated IP servers in Sweden, the Netherlands, or Switzerland.
- Launch Deluge and download torrents anonymously.
How to Set Up PrivateVPN’s SOCKS5 Proxy for Deluge?
- Scroll down to locate Proxy Login (Username and Password).
- Leave the page open for use later.
- Open Deluge.
- Select “Edit.”
- Select “Preferences” and click the Proxy Tab.
- Select “Socks5 W/Auth” under “Type.”
- Enter the username and password provided by PrivateVPN in step #3 above.
- Enter your Proxy host address. Find a PrivateVPN proxy server list here.
- Enter 1080 as the port number.
- Click “OK.”
- Restart Deluge and start downloading a torrent. Confirm that it’s downloading.
If everything is working, congratulations! Your proxy is set!
How to Set Up PrivateVPN’s Port Forwarding for Deluge?
Port forwarding is the best VPN configuration for torrenting fast and seeding torrents safely.
Here’s how to quickly set it up:
- Grab these PrivateVPN discounts if you don’t have an account yet.
- Download the PrivateVPN app and install it. Then, launch the app and log in.
- Connect to a VPN server of your choice.
- Above the connect button, you’ll notice a port forwarding feature. Note the port number.
- Open Deluge.
- Go to Edit > Preferences.
- Select “Network.”
- Uncheck “Random” under Incoming Port.
- Input the port number from PrivateVPN (step #4).
- Click “Apply” then “OK.”
Why Is PrivateVPN Ideal for Deluge?
PrivateVPN is ideal for Deluge to offer reliable online security and privacy over the torrenting client.
Additionally, it provides:
- Blazing-Fast Speeds – Enjoy fast downloads with zero bandwidth throttling over higher internet speeds on 200+ server locations in 63 countries.
- Advanced Security Features – Guards your IP address, DNS details, and other personal data on torrent websites through secure encryption protocols, an automatic kill switch, and flexible connection options.
- Security Protocols – Supports the best VPN protocols (PPTP, IPsec, OpenVPN) that best suit your network without sacrificing security.
- No-Logs Policy – It doesn’t maintain logs of your internet activity (browsing history, downloads, etc.) or keep anything bad actors can use to identify you.
- Bypass Censorship and Geo-Restrictions – Overcome censorship and geo-restrictions to The Pirate Bay, Kickass Torrents, and other torrent websites to access your favorite content anywhere.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee – Enjoy the freedom to get your money back if you’re unhappy with the VPN’s compatibility with Deluge during a 30-day test window.
Get PrivateVPN for assured privacy and security while downloading torrents via Deluge.
Yes, you can. However, most free VPNs will collect your data to sell to third parties, limit and slow your downloads via bandwidth caps, and offer fewer security features than premium VPNs.
Torrent Anonymously on Deluge With PrivateVPN
Now that you know how to use PrivateVPN with Deluge, you can steer clear of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), copyright troll, and government surveillance.
Additionally, you’ll remain 100% anonymous whenever you’re downloading torrents on Deluge.
If you’re ready to enjoy these premium features, try PrivateVPN risk-free today.