Surfshark offers top-tier DDoS protection across all its 3200+ servers by default. Thus, connecting to a Surfshark server immediately shields your internet connection from volumetric, protocol, or application layer DDoS attacks.
However, thanks to Surfshark’s intuitive features, you can further optimize the VPN for additional DDoS protection.
How to Activate Surfshark DDoS Protection?
Surfshark uses its solid 256-bit encryption and IP masking features to change your IP address, making it impossible for malicious actors to flood you with DDoS requests.
And thanks to its unlimited simultaneous connections, you can install Surfshark on all your devices, including mobile or PC, for automatic DDoS protection.
These are the steps to follow.
- Buy a Surfshark subscription and save BIG with these Surfshark deals. I recommend the multiyear plan for its long-term savings.
- Download the Surfshark VPN app for mobile or PC. For this guide, I’ll download the Surfshark Windows app.
- Launch the Surfshark Windows app and log in with your credentials (username, password).
- Choose a suitable Surfshark protocol. I recommend the WireGuard protocol for its speed, stability, and security. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Protocol > WireGuard.
- Activate the Surfshark kill switch to secure your internet connection from DDoS attacks if your VPN connection drops. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Kill Switch to activate.
- Enable the Rotating IP feature that periodically changes your IP address without disconnecting from the VPN app, throwing DDoS bots off your trail. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Rotating IP to activate.
- Conversely, connect to Surfshark’s dynamic MultiHop servers that route your internet traffic through two VPN servers, making it impossible for attackers to direct DDoS requests to your correct IP address. Go to VPN > MultiHop to connect.
- Connect to a suitable Surfshark location. For the fastest general Surfshark server, click Quick Connect. Go to VPN > Locations > Quick Connect. You can also get the “Nearest country” server by clicking “Change” and adjusting the quick connect settings.
- Alternatively, go to “Locations” for the complete list of Surfshark servers, or type your preferred Surfshark VPN server location on the search bar and connect.
- Check for IP leaks on www.ipleak.net to ensure your VPN connection is secure. Your assigned Surfshark IP address should match that on the leak test site.
- Securely game, chat, torrent, and surf the web free of DDoS attacks, thanks to Surfshark’s robust anti-DDoS defenses.
Secure Your IP From DDoS Attacks
Surfshark offers 3200+ servers with robust anti-DDoS protection automatically enabled, keeping your internet connections safe from DDoS attacks during streaming, gaming, torrenting, or online chatting sessions.
In addition to the large fleet of anti-DDoS servers, Surfshark offers intuitive Rotating IP and Dynamic MultiHop servers to keep DDoS bots at bay.
Secure your internet connection from DDoS attacks by grabbing these exciting Surfshark deals.