TikTok allows users to create and share short videos. Knowing some of TikTok’s statistics can help you better understand the forum and come in handy if you consider using it for marketing or advertising purposes.
Here are some interesting TikTok statistics, facts, and trends that define the social media’s usage.
Top 7 TikTok Statistics (Editor’s Pick)
- TikTok was the most downloaded app on the Apple App Store in Q2 2022.
- TikTok is expected to hit 955.3 million users globally by 2025.
- TikTok consumer spending hit $535 million in Q2 2021.
- More than half of TikTok users found advertisements fun and engaging in 2021.
- Khabane Lame was the most followed creator on TikTok in 2022.
- Over 110 million videos were removed globally in Q3 2022.
- The United States had the largest TikTok audience in 2022.
TikTok Usage Statistics
1. TikTok had 1 billion monthly active users in 2021.
TikTok took the fourth spot among the social platforms with the most monthly active users. Facebook had the highest monthly active users at 2.9 billion, YouTube came second with 2.2 billion, and Instagram grabbed the third spot with 1.4 billion active monthly users.
2. 29% of TikTok Android users opened the app daily in 2022.
In the Q2 of 2022, TikTok was the second most engaged social media app, with a 29% daily engagement across all active installations on Android units.
Instagram was first at 39%, and Facebook came third with 27%. Snapchat had 26%, and YouTube scored 20% to clinch the fourth and fifth spots, respectively.
3. TikTok is expected to hit 955.3 million users globally by 2025.
As of 2021, the number was 655.9 million, likely to hit 834.3 million users globally by 2023. By 2024, another rise to 900.7 million users is predicted.
4. The average time spent on TikTok daily in 2022 was 95 minutes.
Q2 2022 data shows that YouTube grabbed the second spot with an average time of 74 minutes daily. Instagram came third (51 minutes), while Facebook and Twitter battled for the fourth and fifth positions, with 49 and 29 minutes, respectively.
5. In 2022, more than half of TikTok's worldwide user base was female.
As of July 2022, 56.2% of TikTok users were female, while 43.8% were male.
6. TikTok was the most downloaded app on the Apple App Store in Q2 2022.
In the second quarter of 2022, the TikTok app garnered more than 60 million downloads on iPhone and iPad devices.
TikTok Demographics Statistics
7. Saudi Arabia had the highest TikTok penetration rate in 2022.
In the Q1 of 2022, Saudi Arabia hit an 87.9% penetration rate on TikTok.
The United Arab Emirates took the second position with a penetration rate of 81.3%, and Kuwait came third with 75.4%. The United States had a TikTok penetration rate of 50.3% during the period.
Below is a table showing the top 10 countries with the highest TikTok penetration rate.
|Country||Tiktok Penetration Rate|
|United Arab Emirates||81.3%|
8. The United States had the highest number of TikTok users aged 18 and above globally in 2022.
Over 140.6 million TikTok users in the US were 18 years and older in 2022.
Indonesia came second with 106.9 million, and Brazil took third place with 74.0 million active users in this age range.
9. TikTok users in Europe are expected to hit 281 million by 2027.
By the summer of 2022, TikTok users in Europe had increased to 227.81 million, compared to the 181 million users recorded in 2020. This figure is projected to rise to approximately 281 million users by 2027.
10. TikTok overtook Instagram in terms of usage among US Gen Z users.
As of 2021, the United States’ Gen Z TikTok users had hit 37.3 million, compared to 33.3 million on Instagram. TikTok was expected to retain the lead against Instagram in 2022, with 41.4 and 37.3 million users, respectively.
11. The United States had the largest TikTok audience in 2022.
As of Q4 of 2022, the United States had 109.54 million active users on the trendy social video platform. Brazil was very much behind in second place, with around 76.6 million users, while Indonesia rounded up the top three with approximately 70 million TikTok users.
12. 25% of the TikTok users in the United States were aged between 10 to 19 in 2021.
Users aged 20 to 29 came second with 22.4% of the total share, while users of the 30 to 35 age bracket took the third spot with 21.7%.
The table below shows the age range with their percentage user base in the US.
|Age Range||User Base (in %)|
|10 to 19||25%|
|20 to 29||22.4%|
|30 to 39||21.7%|
|40 to 49||20.3%|
TikTok Content Removal Statistics
13. Over 110 million videos were removed globally in Q3 2022.
Over 53 million videos were removed by automation. In Q2 of 2022, over 113 million videos were removed, and over 48 million were pulled down by automation.
The Q1 of 2022 saw the lowest video removal that year, with a total removal of over 102 million.
14. Minor safety was the main reason for video removal in Q2 2022.
42.9% of the videos removed in the Q3 of 2022 were due to minor safety reasons.
In Q2, 43.7% of the videos were removed for minor reasons; in Q1, 41.7% were pulled down for the same reason.
15. 21.2% of the videos removed from TikTok in Q2 2022 were due to illegal activities and regulated goods.
Likewise, 21% of the videos were removed from TikTok for similar reasons in Q3 2022. A slightly higher percentage (21.8%) of videos were removed for this reason in Q1 2022.
16. 10.7% of the videos removed from TikTok were due to adult nudity and sexual activities in Q2 and Q3 2022.
Between January to March 2022, 11.3% of the deleted videos were based on nudity and sexual activities.
17. Violent and graphic content accounted for 9.3% of TikTok videos removed in Q3 2022.
In Q1 and Q2 of the same year, 9.6% and 9.3% of videos pulled down were for the same reason.
18. In Q3 of 2022, 5.9% of the deleted videos on TikTok portrayed harassment and bullying.
5.7% of videos were deleted in Q2, and 6.0% were deleted in Q1 of 2022 for the same reasons.
TikTok Revenue Statistics
19. TikTok ad revenue hit $11.64 billion in 2022.
This represents a 200% rise from $3.88 billion in 2021. It is predicted to rise more to $18.04 billion by 2023 and $23.58 billion by 2024.
20. TikTok earned $39.4 million from iOS users in the United States in 2022.
Between April and June of 2022, TikTok earned $39.4 million from iOS users in the United States, representing 41% of its total App Store revenues. Saudi Arabia earned the second slot with around $18 million in the same period.
TikTok Creator Statistics
21. In 2022, Charlie D'Amelio was the highest-earning TikTok star.
Charlie D’Amelio earned an estimated $17.5 million on Tiktok in 2022.
Dixie D’Amelio, Charlie D’Amelio’s older sibling, was the second highest-earning TikTok creator with $10 million in annual estimated earnings. Addison Rae came third with $8.5 million in earnings.
22. Khabane Lame was the most followed creator on TikTok in 2022.
Khabane Lame boasted 152 million subscribers by November 2022.
Charli D’Amelio, an influencer, was not far behind in second place with 149 million followers, while Bella Poarch (singer) was in third place with 92.4 million followers.
As of January 2023, Lame has 154.4 million followers and still holds the record.
23. Approximately half of the TikTok creators were aged 18 to 25 by 2022 globally.
And as of September 2022, TikTok users aged 13 or under accounted for approximately 7% of all creators.
TikTok Marketing and Advertising Statistics
24. More than half of TikTok users found advertisements fun and engaging in 2021.
The US survey from September 2021 showed 21% of the users reported being annoyed by the ads, and 5% said they were boring.
TikTok Posts Statistics
25. Zach King’s magic ride was the most viewed TikTok video as of 2022.
With over 2.2 billion views, Zach’s “Magic Ride” video took the reign of the most-viewed TikTok video as of 2022. The “Christmas Sister’s Party” video by James Charles took the second spot with 1.7 billion TikTok views in 2022. Zach King resurfaced in third with his “Unexpected Hiding Spots,” grabbing the third position with 1.1 billion views.
26. “M to the B” by Bella Poarch was 2021’s most-liked Tiktok video.
As of 2021, the “M to the B” video by Bella Poarch on TikTok had reached 49.7 million likes making it the most-liked video. Franek Bielak’s mouth-drawing video took the second spot with 47.4 million likes. As of January 2023, “M to the B” has hit 60.8 million likes, and the mouth-drawing video has reached 51 million likes.
TikTok for Business Statistics
27. 50% of TikTok users bought something after watching a live video in 2021.
In fact, 1 in 3 TikTok users will go to live videos to discover brands.
28. Over 8.7 million TikTok adverts were removed in the Q1 of 2022 due to account actions.
Q2 of 2022 saw over 5.1 million TikTok adverts removed, and over 5.4 million adverts were removed in Q3 of 2022 due to account action.
Other TikTok Statistics
29. TikTok was the most downloaded mobile app in 2022 globally.
TikTok took the top spot with 672 million downloads. Instagram was the second highest, with 548 million downloads, and WhatsApp came in third with 424 million.
The table below shows the top 10 mobile apps with the number of downloads in 2022.
|Mobile Apps||2022 Download Numbers (millions)|
30. TikTok consumer spending hit $535 million in Q2 2021.
It dropped to $532 million in Q3 of 2021 but rose to $824 million by Q4 of 2021.
The sound had 267.12 million shares between January to June 2022.
The second was “abcdefu,” with 118.48 million shares.
Enjoy TikTok Today
TikTok’s popularity will continue to grow in the coming years. That is mostly because TikTok is a unique and fun platform that provides users a great way to connect with others while advertising products and services, if any.