NordVPN works in Japan to access foreign streaming libraries, download games yet to launch in Japan, bypass geo-restrictions and secure your internet experience.
NordVPN also offers local Japanese servers, so users can connect to these servers and access Japanese content or websites without exposing their identity.
Continue reading to discover how to set up the VPN in Japan.
How to Set Up and Use NordVPN in Japan?
NordVPN is simple to set up and use in Japan. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
- Subscribe to NordVPN.
- Download the NordVPN app on your preferred device.
- Open the app and log in using your credentials. I’m using NordVPN on my Macbook for the demonstration.
- Click on the settings icon, select “General,” and click “VPN Protocol.” Choose “NordLynx” from the dropdown menu.
- Select the “Kill Switch” section.
- Toggle “Kill Switch (Advanced)” to the ON position.
- Click the “Globe” icon, locate the country you want to connect to and click on it.
Why Is NordVPN a Reliable VPN for Japan?
Several reasons make NordVPN a reliable VPN for Japan. Here are a few:
- NordVPN has servers in Japan. So, you can access local content without exposing your IP address or losing the VPN’s encryption.
- NordVPN supports torrenting, offering specialty P2P servers and SOCKS5 proxies for faster download speeds. Likewise, NordVPN doesn’t monitor/log torrenting activities, making it reliable to get your preferred torrent files without your ISP, copyright trolls, or the Japanese government knowing.
- NordVPN bypasses speed throttling from ISPs like NTT Docomo, au Hikari, and SoftBank Hikari to provide a fast and stable internet connection.
- It unblocks several streaming platforms such as Netflix (US, UK, Germany, etc.), BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and other popular streaming services from Japan.
- All connections are protected with military-grade AES-256-bit encryption, ensuring complete anonymity when surfing online.
- NordVPN also offers DDoS protection which will come in handy when playing Overwatch, God of War, GTA 5 Online, or other preferred games from Japan.
The best part is that you can enjoy these NordVPN features on six simultaneous devices spanning PCs (Windows, Linux, and Mac) and mobile devices (iOS and Android) from ONE affordable account.
How Much Does NordVPN Cost in Japan?
You can pay for the standard NordVPN plans in Japan with the Japanese yen, and they cost ¥1,760/month, ¥620/month, and ¥440/month for the monthly, one-year, and two-year Standard VPN plans.
The “Standard” plan offers the VPN, including malware protection, a tracker, and an ad blocker. On top of that, NordVPN has a “Plus” plan which combines the “Standard” plan with a password manager and data breach scanner. Finally, the “Complete” plan builds on the “Plus” tier with 1TB of advanced encrypted cloud storage.
Wrapping It Up!
NordVPN is one of Japan’s most reliable VPN providers, unblocking Netflix and other streaming services and their different libraries. NordVPN also ensures fast and secure torrenting, web browsing, and secure internet applications.
If you don’t already have a NordVPN subscription, grab these NordVPN discounts to save more on your first purchase.