The best way to set up NordVPN on LG TV is with Smart DNS.
It doesn’t require any additional device and can be done in minutes.
Alternatively, you can set up the VPN on your router or Windows PC and share the VPN -protected connection with your LG TV.
In this article, I’ll take you through the 3 setup methods. Let’s dive in!
Set Up NordVPN on LG TV Using SmartDNS
While NordVPN Smart DNS is excellent for streaming geo-blocked content on LG TV, it only works with US streaming services.
With that in mind, here are the steps for setting up and using NordVPN Smart DNS on your LG TV:
- Sign up for NordVPN. Save BIG with these discounts.
- Log into your NordVPN account on a browser.
- Click the NordVPN tab under “Services.”
- Navigate to the Additional Features section and click “Enable” in the Smart DNS card.
- Turn on your LG TV and go to Settings > Network.
- Navigate to Advanced WiFi settings and disable IPv6.
- Scroll down and click Edit to enter the DNS Server menu.
- Turn off the “Set Automatically” option.
- Enter your primary NordVPN SmartDNS server addresses in the DNS Server field.
- Click Connect.
It’s as easy as that! Just remember that NordVPN Smart DNS doesn’t encrypt your connection like a VPN service and simply changes your location.
Keep reading to learn how to get NordVPN’s protection on your LG TV.
Set Up NordVPN on LG TV via a Physical Router
You get NordVPN’s encryption on your LG TV by configuring it on your WiFi router.
But first, check if your router is compatible with NordVPN.
Some of the supported router firmware and models include:
You can check our complete guide on how to set up NordVPN on a router for detailed steps. After doing so, connect your LG TV to the router’s WiFi network.
Set Up NordVPN on LG TV via Windows Hotspot
Don’t have a compatible router? You can use your PC as a virtual router to set up NordVPN on LG TV. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for NordVPN.
- Download and install NordVPN on your PC.
- Open Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot.
- Under “Share my internet connection from,” select Wi-Fi and enable Mobile Hotspot.
- Click “Change adapter settings” on the top right corner to open Network Connections.
- Right-click on TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter and select Properties.
- Click the “Sharing” tab and check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- On the drop-down menu under “Home networking connection,” click the mobile hotspot you created.
- Click OK and connect your LG Smart TV to your PC’s mobile hotspot.
Why Is NordVPN Good for LG TV?
NordVPN is an incredible choice for LG TV. I tested it over 3 days and was impressed by its ease of use, geo-unblocking capabilities, and super-fast speeds.
Here’s a close look at some of the features I liked:
NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs I’ve used with an LG TV.
It only impacted my internet speed by 9% on local servers and 18% when streaming American Netflix from the UK.
I also didn’t experience any interruptions while streaming, even with 4K videos.
Extensive Server Network
NordVPN has an extensive server network comprising 5800+ servers in 60 countries.
This makes it perfect for unblocking overseas content and allows you to find less-loaded servers near your location for maximum performance.
Works With Netflix
NordVPN lets you access foreign Netflix libraries on your LG TV to enjoy new movies and TV shows. For example, you can unblock Netflix US, Netflix UK, and Netflix JP.
You can also use the VPN to access Hulu, Max, and Sling on your LG TV outside the US.
NordVPN doesn’t have a WebOS app, so you can’t install it directly from the LG Content Store. At the moment, you can only install it on LG TVs via Smart DNS, Windows hotpot, or router.
As you can see, using NordVPN on LG TV is straightforward.
Once you’re all set up, you can unblock virtually any streaming service.
And since NordVPN is super-fast, you can stream content on your LG TV in 4K without buffering!
Ready to unleash new content on your LG TV? Grab our exclusive NordVPN deal and save big on your first subscription.