Spoofing Pokemon Go with NordVPN requires installing the NordVPN app, getting a GPS spoofing app, jailbreaking/rooting the device (if applicable), and voila!
You’re ready to find PokeStops or Gyms.
I’ll show you how to do everything in this guide. I’ll also show you worthy NordVPN alternatives for Pokemon Go.
Keep reading to learn more.
Spoofing Pokemon Go Location on Android With NordVPN
Here’s how to spoof Pokemon Go with NordVPN on Android:
- Get a NordVPN subscription and install the VPN on your Android device.
- Download a GPS spoofing app and install it. I recommend Fake GPS Location.
- On your Android device, navigate to Settings > My phone/About device > Build number.
- Tap Build number 7 times and head back to Settings.
- Locate a tab called Developer options.
- Click Mock Location App or Allow Mock Locations.
- Install and run Mock Mock Locations using a program like Xposed. It prevents apps from detecting the “Allow Mock Locations” in settings.
- Launch the NordVPN app, log in, and connect to your NordVPN preferred server. In this case, I selected the United Kingdom.
- Open your GPS spoofing app and select the same location.
- Finally, open Pokemon Go and catch your beloved Pokemon!
Spoofing Pokemon Go Location on iOS With NordVPN
To spoof your Pokemon Go location on iOS, follow these steps:
- Get a NordVPN plan and download the app from the App Store. Make sure that Pokemon Go is closed.
- Jailbreak your device.
- After, visit the Cydia App Store (only accessible with jailbroken devices) and install Protect My Privacy.
- Inside the same app, find and install tsProtector (an app that hides that your device is jailbroken).
- Get the Location Spoofer app from the Cydia App store, launch it, and choose your preferred location.
- Now open the NordVPN app and connect to the location you selected in step 5 above.
- Go get that Snorlax!
Do I Need to Combine NordVPN With a GPS Spoofing App for Pokemon Go?
Although we still don’t know how Pokémon Go determines your actual location, there’s a high possibility they check if your GPS coordinates match your IP address.
And if they don’t, you can get banned.
As such, a GPS spoofing app is necessary to spoof Pokemon Go with NordVPN since NordVPN can’t change GPS data. Likewise, a GPS spoofing app can’t change your IP, so NordVPN is equally necessary.
What Makes NordVPN Good for Pokemon Go Spoofing?
When it comes to helping you spoof Pokemon GO, NordVPN hits all the right spots. Notable features include:
Huge Server Network
With 5000+ servers in 60 countries, NordVPN has a great reach, making it ideal for Pokemon GO spoofing. Also, global coverage means you can unblock Pokemon GO in locations like Saudi Arabia (where the game is banned), schools, or your workplace.
NordVPN’s proprietary NordLynx protocol means you won’t encounter any problems with latency playing Pokemon Go. Enjoy a lag-free Pokemon Go experience with fast speeds!
AES 256-Bit Encryption
NordVPN features robust AES 256-bit encryption. This means other parties, including Niantic, won’t access your real IP address.
The feature prevents your phone from accessing the internet if your VPN disconnects. This means Niantic won’t be alerted to your real IP. As a result, it reduces the chances of being banned by Pokemon GO because of spoofing.
No Data Caps
Gaming consumes a lot of data quickly. Fortunately, NordVPN doesn’t apply any data caps, so you can play Pokemon Go comfortably without worrying about how much data you’re using.
NordVPN Alternatives for Pokemon Go
NordVPN is great for spoofing Pokemon Go. Setting it up is a breeze, and I enjoyed capturing my favorite Pokemon. However, it only supports 60 countries and lacks an inbuilt feature for spoofing your GPS location.
If NordVPN doesn’t cut it, here are worthy alternatives:
Unlike NordVPN, ExpressVPN features Edge, Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox, and Chrome plugins that can spoof your GPS location for Pokemon Go. Also, its vast server network in 90+ countries makes it great for changing locations, while its robust AES-256 encryption and kill switch will keep your real location and IP hidden.
Surfshark Android app has a built-in GPS override tool that allows users to set up mock locations to match their server location. The tool makes spoofing your location for Pokemon Go more straightforward than using a fake GPS application.
Also, its kill switch and robust AES-256 encryption will ensure your real IP doesn’t leak. Integrate that with its Wireguard protocol, and you have one of the most convenient, fastest, and secure VPNs for spoofing your Pokemon GO location.
Although PrivateVPN requires a separate fake GPS app to work, it’s one of the best VPNs for spoofing your Pokemon GO location. It has 200+ servers, and its Application Guard feature will immediately close Pokemon GO if there is a VPN disconnection.
Catch 'Em All!
Spoofing your location on Pokemon Go with NordVPN will open up a new world of possibilities.
NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 locations, meaning you can access Pokemon Go in all the popular locations. Similarly, thanks to its NordLynx protocol, you won’t have any problems with latency when gaming, while its kill switch will make sure that your actual IP doesn’t leak if the VPN gets disconnected.
Ready to access hundreds of new cities and streets? Grab our NordVPN deal today!