Connect to a PureVPN server to use it with Spectrum and stop the ISP from collecting and selling your online browsing habits, looking at your internet activities, or sending you copyright notices.
PureVPN is also a fantastic VPN to leverage Spectrum’s speeds for high-quality BBC iPlayer unblocking, streaming out-of-market NBA/MLB/NFL games, and bypassing other geo-restrictions.
The best part is that PureVPN works for your mobile devices with Spectrum cellular, is compatible with PCs using the Spectrum router, and can help protect your smart TV and gaming consoles.
I’ll show you how to set up PureVPN for Spectrum below.
How to Setup PureVPN for Mobile/PC Using Spectrum?
Does your smartphone (iOS or Android) use the Spectrum cellular network?
Is your PC connected to a Spectrum-issued router or a third-party router with Spectrum installed?
Here’s how to set PureVPN to work with them on the network:
- Get your PureVPN account. These exclusive discounts will make it worthwhile.
- Download the PureVPN PC or smartphone (go through the app store) app. I’ll grab the Windows PC app for this demo.
- Launch the PureVPN app and sign in with your account credentials.
- Choose a reliable protocol. I recommend WireGuard, so you don’t suffer a massive speed drop on the Spectrum network.
- Go through Settings > Protocol and select “WireGuard” under “Select Protocol.”
- Enable the PureVPN kill switch to prevent Spectrum from seeing your internet activity if the connection randomly drops.
- Go through Settings > General and toggle “Enable IKS” ON.
- Return to the VPN homepage to connect to a server. You can click the “Recommended Location” or search for a preferred server.
- Wait for the connection confirmation.
- Check for IP leaks. This is essential since it may sometimes take the Spectrum network a few seconds to switch to your new (VPN-assigned) IP address.
How to Set Up PureVPN for Gaming Console/Smart TVs Using Spectrum?
You can set PureVPN on a router using the Spectrum network through which your gaming console or smart TV connects to the internet. However, most Spectrum-issued routers don’t support VPN installation, so this is best done with third-party models.
Conversely, Android TV users can install PureVPN directly.
Alternatively, non-Android smart TV users would use a Fire TV stick if they don’t want the virtual router option. This works for gaming consoles, too.
Follow the setup methods below.
Method #1: Setup PureVPN on Spectrum-Enabled Router
You don’t get to use WireGuard, the fastest PureVPN protocol, on this setup method.
If you can live with that, follow the setup method below:
- Buy a PureVPN account (HUGE deals).
- Confirm that your router is VPN-compatible. The video below shows a simple way to do so.
- Optional: Flash your router with custom firmware to make it VPN-compatible. The video guide below can help.
- Follow the PureVPN router setup guide to install the VPN on your router type.
- Connect your gaming console or smart TV to the Spectrum router network with PureVPN installed.
- Hide your IP in PvP battles and bypass content restrictions on your smart TV over the Spectrum network.
Method #2: Setup PureVPN on Fire TV Stick for Smart TV
Android TV users can follow the Android setup guide to install the VPN on their smart TV using Spectrum Internet. But if you have a Tizen-running Samsung TV or WebOS-powered LG TV, here’s how a Fire TV stick can help:
- Get your PureVPN subscription. Hurry while these VPN discounts last.
- Download PureVPN on your Fire TV stick. The video below shows how.
- Open the app and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a preferred server. For example, the UK server accesses BBC iPlayer while the Canada server gets you Crave TV.
- Expand your content library, unblock geo-blocked streaming services, and live stream sports over your smart TV with Spectrum’s fast internet.
Method #3: Sharing PureVPN Over a Virtual Router
This method lets you share a PureVPN-encrypted Spectrum network from your Windows PC or Mac to your gaming consoles and smart TVs via hotspot.
Follow this setup guide to make it work:
- Use these PureVPN discounts to get your account.
- Download and install the VPN on your Windows PC.
- Repeat steps 3-8 under the PC/mobile setup guide above.
- Set up your Windows PC for VPN sharing. You can follow the video guide below to do so.
- Connect your PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, or smart TV to the PC hotspot.
- Enjoy PureVPN server security while gaming, unblock regional content on your smart TV, stream geo-restricted content on your gaming console, and bypass Spectrum’s throttling.
Can You Setup PureVPN’s Port Forwarding on Spectrum?
You can set up and use PureVPN’s port forwarding to open specific ports and access remote devices over LAN while on your Spectrum network.
However, you may be unable to open specific ports on your Spectrum internet router, but that’s possible on most third-party routers running Spectrum.
Follow this PureVPN port forwarding guide to open specific ports on the PureVPN website and via your Spectrum internet router.
Finally, note that PureVPN’s port forwarding is restricted to a handful of servers and requires you to pay to use it. However, you can be sure of getting specific ports that don’t change with every server connection.
But if you want static and dynamic port forwarding, I recommend PrivateVPN.
The best part is that PrivateVPN (grab these discounts) offers port forwarding on its standard and free dedicated IP servers!
Can You Safely Torrent on Spectrum Over PureVPN?
You can safely torrent on Spectrum using PureVPN without fearing nasty copyright notices or getting cease-and-desist letters from your ISP.
PureVPN makes this possible with a kill switch to stop internet transmissions if your server connection drops and P2P-optimized servers to handle heavy bandwidth.
On top of that, PureVPN allows you to bind its interface to your preferred torrent client, improving your security profile. However, this binding works best on qBittorrent, so I’ll recommend that client when downloading torrents on Spectrum.
Follow the setup guides below to unblock The Pirate Bay, YTYS, or any other torrent website and download any file you want without fear:
Your Spectrum Internet Just Got Better
PureVPN ensures you can use your unlimited Spectrum plans to enjoy more content, play P2P games securely under hidden IP addresses, open ports the ISP wouldn’t have allowed access to, and do so much more.
You can easily set it up on your smartphone or PC. It also supports Spectrum-enabled routers, providing better coverage and connectivity for smart TVs/gaming consoles.
If these promises sound too good, you’ll get 31 days to test PureVPN with Spectrum and demand a 100% refund if it doesn’t meet your expectations.
So, why not grab its HUGE ongoing deals to get started?