Surfshark is one of the few VPNs that lets you play Lost Ark without any hassle from anywhere. You only have to install Surfshark, connect to a region-specific server, and begin your Lost Ark journey.
Donkey-work? Not at all!
My nephew and I obtained and played Lost Ark using Surfshark with no fuss at all, and if we can do it, so can you.
Given that Lost Ark isn’t available everywhere, let me show you how to play both the original and international versions of Lost Ark from anywhere!
How to Play Lost Ark Using Surfshark?
There are four ways to play various Lost Ark versions with Surfshark.
Here they are:
Method 1: Play Lost Ark (US/EU) With Surfshark
The international version of Lost Ark is considered lame, but to a casual gamer like you and me, it’s still mega-fun, and that’s what matters most.
Here’s how to play Lost Ark (US/EU) with Surfshark:
- Launch the VPN and log in with your account credentials.
- Select your preferred server location. I’ll recommend the New York server for Lost Ark (US) or the Frankfurt (Germany) server for Lost Ark (EU).
- Optional: Create a Steam email ID with secure email services like ProtonMail or Mail.Ru.
- Create your account on Steam and download the Steam app on your computer when prompted.
- Search for Lost Ark, and click on the green “Play Game” button.
- You’ll then be prompted to install the Steam client on your system. Allow it.
- Log in and click “Play Game” again, and you’ll see Lost Ark being downloaded this time.
Remember to turn Surfshark on with the proper server location before accessing your Steam account every time, ok?
Method 2: Play Lost Ark (JP) With Surfshark
I’ll suggest you not bother with Lost Ark (JP) because they’re banning VPNs like madmen.
Many players have reported they got banned within a day, even after being alert at every step.
Japan is strict against gaijins accessing their goods, perhaps, and they are restricting all the known VPN IPs.
But the biggest deal-breaker? The English-speaking player base for Lost Ark (JP) is extremely low!
Anyway, here’s how to access Lost Ark (JP) with Surfshark if you still want to give it a shot.
- Buy a Surfshark plan.
- Download and install the Surfshark app. Launch the app when you’re done installing.
- Connect to a Japan server location.
- Go to the official Lost Ark Japan website.
- Click the left red option (with the pretty lady) in the middle of your screen.
- Click the indicated option in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the orange button in the middle left screen.
- Fill out the form and agree to their ToS.
- Click “Send.”
- Now, you’ll receive a confirmation email (I used ProtonMail). Click the link with the word “Confirm” in it.
- Click the black box on the next screen.
- You’ll be taken back to the page with the red and blue options (next to the pretty lady.) Click the blue one this time.
- Click on the “Download plugin” box in the middle of the screen. I recommend turning your Chrome translator off and reloading this page before clicking on the plugin downloader button.
- Select the folder location and hit the bigger lower rectangle button in the pop-up.
- Click the “Open Pmang” button. Then, click the orange button.
- Your Lost Ark (JP) has begun downloading. Go do something till it’s done.
Click the orange button next to it when it’s finished downloading to start the game.
Method 3: Play Lost Ark (RU) With Surfshark
Surfshark has shut down all its Russian servers in protest of the war, but that won’t be a problem if you want to connect to Lost Ark (RU) with Surfshark.
- Connect to Surfshark and select a proper server. I used the Uzbekistan server. But you could select any one of the CIS countries.
- Get a mail.ru email account:
- Go to the site and click “Create Mail.”
- Fill in a fake name and other made-up details, but write them down somewhere.
- Enter your actual phone number.
- You’ll receive a confirmation call or SMS with an OTP. Type that in when asked.
- You’ve created your Mail.Ru account. Yay!
- Open up the official Russian Lost Ark Website.
- Click “Register” in the upper-right corner.
- In the pop-up screen, select the rightmost button on the bottom.
- Click the “@” button and type in your mail.ru credentials. Click “Proceed.”
- Hover over “Game” on the main page and select “Download” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Download Game.” The Game Launcher for Lost Ark (RU) will also begin downloading.
- Select a proper folder for the massive storage of the Lost Ark game (57 GB).
After the essential components are loaded, Lost Ark (RU) will begin downloading on your system.
You can launch Lost Ark (RU) from the client now.
How to Safely Download and Install the Lost Ark (RU) English Patch?
You can enjoy the non-English versions of Lost Ark in the English language by downloading the appropriate language patch. Here’s how:
- Go to this link.
- Extract the Zip file.
- Now, run the “exe” file as administrator.
- Select “Russia” and then select “English.”
- Launch Lost Ark via the Game Launcher.
- Keep both the VPN and the translation patch running while your gaming sessions are on.
- Check “restore original on close” in the patcher before logging out.
- Remember to close Lost Ark first, then the Game Launcher, and finally, the translation patch.
Method 4: Play Lost Ark (KOR) With Surfshark
You’ll need a way to verify your Stove account to get started here. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the Korean Lost Ark version.
Here are a few ways to do that:
With that out of the way, let’s get to the good part:
- Open Surfshark.
- Click the South Korean server.
- Visit the official Lost Ark (KOR) website.
- Hover over “Service Center” and click “Client.”
- On the next page, click “Download.” This will download the mandatory Stove Client. You’ll have to wait up to a few minutes for it to appear.
- Install the Stove client.
- Click on the program in the saved folder location.
- Select “English” and click Ok. Select desired location to install the Stove client; FYI, this location is also where the game will be stored.
- Click “Install.”
- Fill out the form after all the pop-ups are done. Use your South Korean phone number for verification.
- Follow the prompts, and you’re in; congratulations!
- Open the Stove Client and wait for the update to be done. Then, click the computer icon, then “Lost Ark.”
- Click the button shown below. The game will begin downloading. Yours would be orange, but mine is blue because I already have Lost Ark installed.
- You’ll be asked to enter a second password. Write that password somewhere; you’ll use it to play Lost Ark through Stove.
How to Safely Download and Install the Lost Ark (KOR) English Patch?
Want to get the Korean version with English language instructions and guides?
- Go to this link.
- Open the folder and double-click the “LostArkTranslation” application.
- After the updates are done, select “Korea,” then “English,” and click “restore original on close.”
- Click “Start the Game.” But don’t click on it unless you’ve got Surfshark running and your Stove client logged into, in that order.
Why Use Surfshark to Play Lost Ark?
Because Surfshark is one of the few VPNs that lets you play Lost Ark with super speed, Duh.
With 3200+ high-speed servers across 100 countries, military-grade security, a no-logs policy, and a divine ping rate that’s good even for PvP matches, Surfshark is one of my top choices to play Lost Ark.
There are two versions of Lost Ark; one of them is easier to access, but its gameplay is shitty, and the other is a complete 180. They are:
- The OG Lost ark.
- The diluted US/EU Lost Ark with long queue times, a gutted PVP battle mechanic, significantly lesser class selections, and no nosebleed-inducing costumes.
If you want the S-tier Lost Ark experience, then there’s hardly any other VPN better than Surfshark.
- Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100+ countries, including South Korea, Japan, and CIS countries like Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, etc. So, you’ll have more than one option available to connect with any version of Lost Ark.
- A mere 15% reduction in my throughput, which was barely noticeable as I, as always, kept my video settings at ultra HD while playing Lost Ark on my one-year-old and wheezing i5 computer.
- And can you guess what my ping rate was? 50 ms! Yeah, and on PvP!!! Amazing right? I was fighting pessimism while booting the game, thinking it couldn’t be all goody-goody. Still, Surfshark gave a solid ping rate of 50 ms in Lost Ark.
- Surfshark is available on Microsoft Windows, the sole operating system supporting Lost Ark!
- The CleanWeb Mode in Surfshark is a good-luck talisman since it wards off all the irritating pop-up ads, drawing more speed.
- Every Surfshark server comes with a Private DNS and leak protection for the most private connection that even your ISP won’t know the whereabouts of.
- Not to mention the strict no-logging policy, Bypasser (split-tunneling) feature, Multi-hopping, and protection against DDoS attacks, all of which let you worry about game bosses only.
I hope I clarified why I chose Surfshark to play Lost Ark with.
Wild Rudric Appears! (Likely Troubleshoots)
Now, before you find the legendary missing piece in the Lost Ark, and meet your maker in Rudric, here are a few tips in case of any technical turbulence:
- Don’t shut down the patch while playing, ok? Keep it minimized.
- Every time you restart playing the game, never forget to connect to the proper region-specific server and only disconnect your Surfshark VPN when you have closed everything else.
- If there’s a game client for Lost Ark and a translation patch, log into the client but don’t start the game with the client. Instead, open the patcher and start the game from there.
- Here’s the correct order to close everything: close Translation patch > log out of the game client > disconnect Surfshark.
- Sometimes, you’ll have to disconnect and reconnect your VPN to the server in case of any login error.
- Try to use region-specific names/user IDs, especially on Korean-Japanese servers.
- Never chat! And never use emotes in English characters on Korean-Japanese servers.
- Never purchase anything after logging into Stove! Just play and log out when you’re done. That’s it.
Yes, you can access Lost Ark without using Surfshark, but only if Lost Ark is available in the region you’re playing the game from. Otherwise, you’ll need Surfshark to unblock access so you can play with your peers online.
Using Surfshark to play Lost Ark won’t get your account banned.
However, you may not be able to log in to your Lost Ark account using a VPN, given the recent ban on VPN usage applied by Lost Ark.
The best location to play Lost Ark with Surfshark is via Russian servers.
Because to access the Korean Lost Ark, you’ll need an authentic Korean phone number to verify yourself. And Japan’s Lost Ark is seemingly hostile to foreign IP addresses.
You can lower your ping rate by closing any unnecessary program(s) from the Task Manager (Ctrl +Shift + Esc).
Defeat Enemies and Complete Quests
I am bonkers whenever an MMO worth its salt arrives, and Lost Ark is that MMO.
Lost Ark keeps releasing new raids, more demanding (but fun) bosses, and more character classes with fan-suggested improvements almost every month.
So, you don’t want to miss the Lost Ark train right now, and you’ll need Surfshark to get the best gaming experience.
With ultra-high-speed servers, military-grade security protocols, and no randomly-surfacing technical issues, it’s no wonder Surfshark is my go-to VPN to play Lost Ark!