You can set up CyberGhost in Canada on PC or mobile devices by installing the VPN app and connecting to a suitable server.
Alternatively, install CyberGhost on a router to unblock content and protect all internet-enabled units, including those that can’t get a native VPN app.
Finally, CyberGhost has a SmartDNS setup method for game consoles and smart TVs to unblock content faster.
Learn how to set up CyberGhost across all your devices in Canada by following these stepwise guides.
Quick Guides: Setup CyberGhost in Canada
CyberGhost offers seven simultaneous device connections across your PCs, mobile devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles. However, its specific setup method in Canada depends on your device, as tabled below.
|Device||CyberGhost Setup Method|
|Mobile (iOS, Android)||Mobile app|
|PC (Windows, Chromebook, Linux, macOS)||PC app|
|Smart TV||Router; Smart DNS|
|Android smart TV||App; Router; Smart DNS|
|Gaming consoles (PlayStation, Xbox)||Router, Smart DNS|
Before getting to any stepwise guides, ensure your CyberGhost account is handy.
If you’re a first-time subscriber, grab these CyberGhost deals to save up to 84%.
How to Setup CyberGhost on Mobile in Canada?
Get the CyberGhost app on iOS and Android to unblock content and secure your internet experience. Here’s how:
- Download the CyberGhost app from your mobile app store. I’ll use my iOS device for this demonstration.
- Open the CyberGhost app and tap “I already have an account.”
- Log in with your email/password combination.
- Tap the settings/gear icon in the upper left part of the screen.
- Tap “VPN,” then “Protocol.”
- Select “WireGuard.” You can switch to the equally fast but less secure IKEv2 if your network isn’t stable on WireGuard.
- Tap “Done” in the upper right corner to return to the VPN page.
- Click the big power button to get the Best Location. CyberGhost automatically assigns you the fastest server.
- OR tap “Best Location” to open the CyberGhost server list. Search for a preferred server and tap it to connect.
- Enjoy premium content with unblocking and ironclad privacy from Canada.
How to Setup CyberGhost on PC in Canada?
CyberGhost can be set up on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chromebook computers.
You can follow the same mobile (Android) steps to install the Chromebook app.
Follow the steps below for the other PC apps:
- Download the CyberGhost app for your PC. I recommend getting this from the CyberGhost Download Hub in your account area.
- Install and launch the CyberGhost PC app. I’ll grab the Windows PC app for this demonstration.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Click the settings gear icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Under “CyberGhost VPN,” select the “WireGuard” protocol.
- Click the big power button to connect to an automatically-chosen best location.
- Or click “Best Location” to open the server list. Browse and double-click a preferred server to connect.
- You can now securely download torrents, unblock and stream files, or play games with CyberGhost’s anti-DDoS measures from Canada.
How to Setup CyberGhost on Smart TVs in Canada?
Using the same setup as Android mobile devices, you can set up CyberGhost on Android smart TVs. However, non-Android smart TVs must rely on the router or smart DNS setup.
I’ll discuss both options below.
First, the router setup:
- Log in to your CyberGhost online account.
- Click “Download Hub.”
- Scroll down and click “Configure” in front of “Routers or other devices.”
- Choose a preferred protocol. I recommend OpenVPN over IPSec for better security, but the tradeoff is speed.
- Select a country whose IP address you’d like to get. For this example, I’ll select the United States.
- Select a “Server Group.” Some locations have just the Premium Servers, while others have Gaming Servers.
- Choose a preferred name to remember this configuration by. I’ll name mine “Router #1.”
- Check all four boxes under “Extra Features,” then click “Save Configuration.”
- You’ll be redirected to the “Manage Devices” page. Click “View” under your newly-saved configuration.
- Click “Download Configuration.” Save this file in a separate folder so you don’t lose any sensitive parts on extraction.
- In a new tab, open the CyberGhost setup method for your router type: DD-WRT or TomatoUSB.
- Once you’re done with the setup, connect your smart TV to the resulting router network.
- You can now unblock content and enjoy internet privacy on your smart TV.
But if you don’t have a compatible router, here’s the Smart DNS setup:
- Log in to your CyberGhost member area with your email and password.
- Click “Smart DNS.”
- Click the “DNS Addresses for TV” or “Streaming” tabs to find listed DNS addresses. Choose one based on the content you want to unblock and in what region it’s available.
- Go to your TV’s Network settings.
- Change the primary and secondary DNS addresses to the chosen CyberGhost DNS address.
- Restart your TV and start unblocking content.
How to Setup CyberGhost on Gaming Consoles in Canada?
The best way to set up CyberGhost on gaming consoles in Canada is via the Smart DNS or router setup, the same as for smart TVs.
Follow the same steps as the smart TV for the router setup, then connect your gaming console to the router network.
But suppose you’re going with the Smart DNS setup. In that case, CyberGhost has made things easier by separating Smart DNS profiles for PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
Once you grab those new DNS addresses, here’s how to update it on your Xbox:
And how to get it working on your PlayStation:
How to Get a Canadian IP Address on CyberGhost?
Even in Canada, you may need a Canada IP address to encrypt your internet connection without losing access to CBC, Crave TV, and other local Canadian content.
Or, you may need to connect to gaming peers without worrying that one might DDoS you.
In any case, here’s how you’d get a Canadian IP on CyberGhost:
- Launch the CyberGhost app.
- Choose an appropriate protocol.
- Click the chosen server location to open the server list, then select “More servers…”
- Search for “Canada.” Ensure you’ve chosen “All servers.”
- Click the main country to automatically get the best/fastest Canadian IP address.
- Or click the right-facing arrow to choose a location.
- Select between Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Double-click your pick.
- Wait for the connection confirmation.
- Enjoy your Canadian IP address.
What CyberGhost Servers Perform Best in Canada?
CyberGhost’s 9000+ servers in 90+ countries are optimized to perform well in Canada. So, you can connect to any of these servers to encrypt your internet activity from Bell, TELUS, or your ISP, and they’d be none the wiser about what you do online.
However, you need to get more specific with certain activities.
For example, connecting to the “For torrenting” servers is best to securely download torrents via Deluge, uTorrent, Vuze, BitTorrent, and other torrent clients.
They’re optimized for fast downloads and keep you from getting cease-and-desist letters from your ISP or those nasty notices from copyright trolls. Luckily, CyberGhost has a torrenting server in Canada to ensure the best performance since it’s close by.
In line with that, the best CyberGhost server to unblock content in Canada is one in the region where your target content is available.
What CyberGhost Protocols Perform Best in Canada?
CyberGhost’s WireGuard and IKEv2 protocols are the fastest in Canada and offer stellar security. However, WireGuard is the preferred protocol for the right speed, stability, and security balance.
In some cases where your network type isn’t compatible with WireGuard, IKEv2 comes in. You can switch to IKEv2 if you need more speed than encryption for internet activities like streaming and gaming.
Can You Pay for CyberGhost in CAD?
You can pay for CyberGhost in Canadian Dollars. Still, the provider only lists its pricing in United States Dollars for users paying from Canada.
Hence, choosing a payment method that guarantees the best exchange rate and minimal to no additional conversion fees is best.
On top of that, I recommend these CyberGhost discount deals to keep your first-time purchase costs lower.
Unblocking and Privacy Has Never Been Easier
CyberGhost makes it easy to get reliable content unblocking, fast torrent downloads, and impeccable privacy on your internet-enabled devices in a few steps.
And with its seven simultaneous device connections, you don’t have to purchase a new account for every device in your roster.
The best part is that it’s affordable. Grab these CyberGhost discounts to get the VPN for less than a cup of Canadian Starbucks coffee per month!