You can set up and use NordVPN in Canada by installing the VPN on your device and connecting to a server.
Thus, allowing you to unblock geo-restrictions and download torrents without alerting Bell, Telus, and other Canadian ISPs.
Plus, obtaining a Canadian IP address is a cakewalk with NordVPN’s 280+ servers in Canada. Simply connect to a server in Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver.
Overwhelmed? Don’t worry – I’ll explain the setups below for mobile, PC, smart TV, and gaming consoles.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Mobile in Canada?
Here’s how to spoof your mobile location in Canada using NordVPN:
- Install the NordVPN mobile app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. I’ll use my iPhone to illustrate this.
- Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
- Grant NordVPN to add VPN configuration. Android users must accept any connection requests when prompted.
- Connect to your desired server location to unblock overseas content in Canada.
How to Set Up NordVPN on PC in Canada?
NordVPN lets you seamlessly download torrent files on your PC in Canada without the risk of legal notices. To do that, follow these steps:
- Download the NordVPN app for Windows or macOS.
- Install the app by following the installation wizard.
- Launch the NordVPN app and log in with your credentials.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Smart TVs in Canada?
If your Smart TV runs on Android OS, you can install NordVPN directly from the Google Play Store. However, non-Android smart TVs can employ geo-spoofing via NordVPN’s SmartDNS feature.
Here’s how to set up NordVPN on Smart TVs using SmartDNS.
- Sign in to the NordVPN dashboard.
- Click NordVPN under Services and enable SmartDNS under “Additional features.”
- Make a note of the DNS addresses displayed here.
- Find the DNS option on your TV’s Network settings.
- Change the primary and secondary DNS addresses to the ones NordVPN provided.
- Restart your TV and launch any streaming app to unblock international content.
How to Set Up NordVPN on Gaming Consoles in Canada?
NordVPN’s SmartDNS is an exquisite feature for Canadian console gamers, ensuring a seamless setup without sacrificing speed. Integrate NordVPN’s DNS addresses into your Playstation/Xbox by:
- For PS4/5: Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual
- For Xbox: Visit General > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings
You can also install NordVPN on your router and connect it to your gaming console.
- Go to your NordVPN dashboard > Services > NordVPN and click “Set up NordVPN manually.”
- Enter the verification code sent to your email address.
- Copy the displayed credentials for manual setup.
- Now, visit NordVPN’s server utility and download the OpenVPN UDP client configuration file by selecting your preferred server location.
- Sign in to your router’s admin panel and navigate to VPN > VPN Client > Add Profile.
- Select the OpenVPN protocol, and enter the credentials. Then, upload the router config file you downloaded in the fourth step.
- Click “OK” to save the profile and “Activate.”
Give your router time to reboot, and connect your Playstation or Xbox console to the newly encrypted Wi-Fi network.
However, if your router is incompatible with NordVPN or the manual setup appears overly intricate, an alternative solution is to transform your PC into a virtual router.
Here’s how you do that using macOS.
- Launch Settings and visit General > Sharing.
- Click on the “i” next to Internet Sharing.
- Select the VPN from the dropdown menu labeled “Share your connection from.”
- Check the Wi-Fi box from the “To computers using” menu.
- Launch the NordVPN app and connect to your preferred server location.
- Access the Wi-Fi settings on your gaming console and connect to the virtual server you created to employ DDoS protection during online gaming in Canada.
How to Get a Canadian IP With NordVPN?
To access your Tangerine, EQ Bank, or any other bank account outside of Canada, follow these steps to acquire a Canadian IP address using NordVPN.
- Launch the NordVPN app on your device.
- Activate the Kill switch from Preferences > Kill Switch.
- Search for Canada in the country list, then select from the available Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver servers.
- Wait for the connection to establish, which will hide your internet activity from Bell, Shaw, Telus, or your ISP.
Which NordVPN Server Is Best for Canada?
All of NordVPN’s 5600+ servers in 60 countries perform well in Canada.
So, you can connect to any of these servers depending on your specific requirements.
For example, I faced no issues unblocking the TSN channel outside Canada using NordVPN.
And if you wish to access Hulu in Canada, connect to a US server.
Similarly, connect to the UK server to watch BBC iPlayer in Canada.
Furthermore, I tested its P2P specialty servers for downloading torrents via BitTorrent Web, and it delivered exceptional speeds.
NordVPN also offers multiple P2P servers in Canada, allowing you to torrent with unbeatable performance due to the server’s proximity.
Additionally, NordVPN’s NordLynx and IKEv2 protocols deliver the fastest speeds in Canada. During my testing, I compared the two and found that NordLynx was consistently faster. To switch to NordLynx, navigate to Preferences > General > VPN Protocol.
NordVPN will cost anywhere between US $3.99 and US $12.99 in Canada, depending on the chosen plan. You can enjoy greater savings by opting for a longer-term commitment, such as an annual or biennial plan.
There’s no exclusive NordVPN discount for Canada, but the showstopper deal highlighted in this guide can save you up to 66% on NordVPN’s yearly plans.
Click the deal, enter your email address, and finalize the payment.
Say Goodbye to Canadian Geo-Restrictions!
NordVPN features rock-solid privacy and fantastic content-unblocking abilities, so Canadians can stream foreign content and torrent files without alerting the government or local ISPs.
So what’s taking you so long? Avail these enticing NordVPN discounts to save more on the subscription and beat Canadian geo-restrictions.