Surfshark works in Croatia to beat Tele2 internet throttling, unblock Netflix US and BBC iPlayer, and hide your internet activities from ISPs like Optima, T-Com, and VIPnet.
Furthermore, Surfshark offers a Croatian – Zagreb server that grants you a Croatian IP to stream Osjecka TV and LaudatoTV from anywhere.
In the rest of this guide, I’ll show you how to set up and use Surfshark in Croatia.
How to Use Surfshark in Croatia?
Setting up Surfshark on your mobile, PC, smart TV, and other compatible devices in Croatia involves getting a Surfshark subscription and connecting to a suitable Surfshark server.
Follow these general steps:
- Purchase a Surfshark subscription. I recommend the multi-year plan discounts for BIG savings.
- Download the Surfshark app for your PC, mobile, or smart TV. I’ll download the Surfshark Windows app for this guide.
- Launch the Surfshark app and log in with your credentials (Email and password).
- Choose a suitable Surfshark protocol. I recommend the WireGuard protocol for its speed, security, and stability. To connect, go to Settings > VPN settings > Protocol > WireGuard.
- Activate the Surfshark kill switch to ensure your VPN connection is always protected. To activate, go to Settings > VPN settings > Kill Switch.
- Connect to a suitable Surfshark server location. Click “Quick-connect” for the fastest/nearest Surfshark server. Alternatively, click “Locations” for the complete list of Surfshark servers.
- Ensure that your Surfshark connection is secure by testing for leaks on www.ipleak.net. Your assigned Surfshark IP address should match that of the leak testing site.
- You can now securely unblock Netflix AU and Amazon Prime US, bypass A1 Hrvatska speed throttling, and hide your internet activities from malicious threat actors using Surfshark. I streamed True Colors, an Australian Netflix show, using the Australia-Perth server and in HD.
How to Get a Croatian IP Address With Surfshark?
Surfshark offers a Croatia-Zagreb server offering a Croatian IP address to secure your internet connection while transacting on Zagreba Banka, unblocking Doma TV, connecting with Croatian gaming peers, and staying safe on public WiFi.
Here’s how to get a local Croatian IP:
- Purchase a Surfshark subscription. (Save BIG with these crazy Surfshark deals).
- Follow steps 2-5 from above.
- Click “Locations” to display all Surfshark servers.
- Search for “Croatia” and click the server to connect.
- Unblock your favorite Croatian TV shows, securely conduct financial transactions, access public WiFi without fear of cyber criminals, and connect to gaming peers in Croatia with Surfshark’s Croatian server.
What's the Best Surfshark Server for Croatia?
Surfshark offers 3200+ servers in over 100+ countries, allowing you to bypass ISP throttling, evade geo-restrictions, and securely unblock international streaming platforms. So, the best Surfshark server for Croatia depends on your needs since the best server for gaming will differ from that for streaming.
Thus, connect to the closest server to your location for fast speeds and stable internet connections while securing your internet experience. For the best streaming experience, connect to Surfshark servers in the region where the streaming platform operates.
For context, I streamed Nobody, a Canadian Netflix movie, using a Surfshark Canada server.
Use Surfshark’s MultiHop servers for extra security and privacy, connect to its static IP servers to improve gaming speeds and reduce gaming bans, and click the dedicated IP servers for more secure online financial transactions.
What’s the Best Surfshark Protocol for Croatia?
WireGuard is the best Surfshark protocol for Croatia, guaranteeing fast streaming and downloading speeds, advanced internet security, and a stable online experience.
I conducted speed tests on different Surfshark protocols on a Croatian server to gauge how they fared against each other, and WireGuard smoked the competition by a mile.
The WireGuard Protocol averaged 71 Mbps speeds on a 100Mbps network, fast enough for HD streaming and lag-free gaming.
I tested Surfshark’s OpenVPN UDP protocol, which averaged 24 Mbps speeds.
OpenVPN TCP was the slowest of all the Surfshark protocols, averaging 13 Mbps speeds on a 100 Mbps network. The slow speeds made my Croatian internet experience unbearable, with laggy HD streaming and super slow gaming sessions.
Enjoy Reliable Unblocking in Croatia
Surfshark is a reliable VPN for Croatia to bypass Optima Telekom speed throttling, secure your public WiFi connection at Kantrida athletic hall, unblock major streaming platforms, and hide your online activities from Tele2.
Grab these massively-discounted Surfshark deals to enjoy unparalleled streaming speeds and guaranteed online security in Croatia.