Yes, Surfshark VPN works in Cyprus, and users can connect to the server in Nicosia to get a local IP address. This VPN also unblocks geo-restricted content anywhere, prevents online tracking, and ensures secure torrenting.
In this guide, I’ll look at all you need to know about using Surfshark in Cyprus.
How to Use Surfshark VPN in Cyprus? (Step-By-Step Guide)
It also has Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge web browser extensions.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use Surfshark VPN in Cyprus:
- Choose your preferred Surfshark subscription plan. Grab this exclusive discount to save more.
- Download the VPN and install it on your preferred device. In this guide, I’ll be using a Windows PC.
- Launch the Surfshark app and log in to your account using the credentials you set in Step 1.
- Enable the Kill Switch to prevent any accidental exposure. Click the Settings icon, navigate to “VPN settings,” click “Kill Switch,” and toggle the icon.
- Choose a protocol. I recommend WireGuard as it’s highly secure and doesn’t compromise speed. To activate it, click on the Settings icon, navigate to “VPN settings,” click “Protocol,” and enable “WireGuard.”
- You can now connect to your preferred server. Return to the VPN page and click the “Location” tab.
- Search for your preferred country and connect to any of the available servers. In this example, I’ll use the Cyprus server. You can also click on the recommended fastest location or nearest country.
That’s it! You can now enjoy secure browsing, bypass content censorship and restrictions, and enjoy fast torrenting.
Can You Get a Dedicated Cyprus IP Address With Surfshark?
No. Unfortunately, you can’t get a dedicated Cyprus IP address with Surfshark.
You can, however, get a dedicated IP address from these locations:
- United States: Los Angeles
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- United Kingdom: London
- Germany: Frankfurt
Can You Access Streaming Services With Surfshark in Cyprus?
What's the Best Surfshark Server to Use in Cyprus?
The best Surfshark server to use in Cyprus depends on your needs.
For instance, when choosing the best Surfshark server for torrenting, ensure you connect to a Surfshark P2P server for the best speeds.
This should ideally be the fastest location the VPN app recommends when you log in to the app. Alternatively, search for “P2P” and click the closest server.
To enjoy internet privacy, connect to the nearest/fastest server.
In this case, the Nicosia server would be ideal. That ensures reliable internet security and privacy without sacrificing speed and performance.
If you mainly want to unblock content, connect to a server in a region where the content is accessible, even though it’s far from your location.
In this case, a Surfshark UK server would be best to access BBC iPlayer, for example.
Use Surfshark to Browse Securely!
Surfshark offers a wide selection of server locations and is very easy to use.
This VPN service is also among the most cost-effective options available for streaming and browsing.
If you’re in Cyprus or looking to go there soon, consider using Surfshark VPN to secure your internet activity and access restricted websites and services.