Installing Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield isn’t complicated. The app is readily available on the Google Play Store, and installation is as simple as clicking a button.
I’ve outlined the steps you need to take to make it easier in this guide.
In my tests, I found Surfshark to be a robust NVIDIA Shield VPN, seamlessly handling everything I threw its way: from playing 4K videos to unblocking geo-restricted content.
Read on to learn how to set up and use Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield.
How to Install Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield? (Step-By-Step Guide)
Ready to set up Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield? Let’s dive right into the easiest installation method!
- Buy a Surfshark plan. You can enjoy our discounts and get a 30-day money-back guarantee too.
- Launch “Google Play Store” on your NVIDIA Shield device.
- Search for “Surfshark” and install it.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- “Open” the Surfshark application.
- Now, log into your Surfshark account with the details you provided when subscribing.
Alternatively, you can log in with a code obtained from another device currently logged in to Surfshark.
- Tap the “Quick Connect” button to get the fastest server available. Or search for a preferred Surfshark server to unblock specific content.
- Accept the connection request in the pop-up window when connecting to a VPN server for the first time. It will allow the Surfshark app to manage the VPN tunnel.
- Wait for the connection confirmation.
Is Surfshark Working With NVIDIA Shield? Check Now!
It’s usually a good idea to double-check your connection the first time after you set up a VPN. To confirm this, you can do an IP leak test and a DNS leak test.
- Go to Apps and open the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Downloader.”
- Install “Downloader by AFTVNews.”
- Open Downloader.
- “Allow” Downloader access to files.
- Go to the URL field and type: bit.ly/dlbrp
- Press “Go,” and if prompted with a security message, go to “Settings.”
- Under “Install unknown apps,” toggle “Downloader.”
- Press back on the remote and press “Install.”
- Press “Done.”
- Go back to the URL field and type in the following: bit.ly/ccccctv
- Click “Go,” then “Download Google Chrome Browser .APK” when the page loads.
- Click “Install.”
- Click “Done.” You can now delete the .APK file since it’s no longer needed. Chrome will now be available in your Apps.
- To fully use Chrome, you will need to connect a mouse. So, go to “Settings” in the top-right-hand corner.
- Navigate to “Remotes & Accessories.”
- Head to “Add Bluetooth Accessories.”
- Ensure your mouse is in pairing mode and pair it.
- Launch the Chrome browser and head to “www.ipleak.net” using your mouse.
Why Use Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield?
Surfshark is the cheapest NVIDIA Shield VPN, with modern functionalities, top-level services, and military-grade encryption to unblock content anywhere, fast.
Other reasons to consider Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield Include the following:
- Protect Yourself Online: Surfshark blocks ads, malicious websites, and trackers from observing your activities, thanks to its CleanWeb feature. So, using it on NVIDIA Shield covers your identity by building a safe connection with an anonymous IP address.
- Zero Logs: Surfshark follows a strict no-logs policy, never sharing your IP address, browsing history, personal information, network traffic, and connection timestamps with anyone on the network or third parties.
- Best for Unblocking Streaming Apps/Services: With Surfshark’s 3200+ servers in 100+ countries, you can easily unblock streaming services like Netflix, Peacock TV, and BBC iPlayer from many geographical regions.
- Speed: Surfshark is among the VPNs that support WireGuard protocol, meaning you can stream 4K and HD content without buffering on this fast protocol.
- Unlimited Device Connections: You can connect as many devices as you want using Surfshark. With such open capacity, Surfshark lets you run streaming platforms on various devices in the household.
Surfshark and NVIDIA Shield Not Working: Troubleshooting
There could be a few reasons for your NVIDIA Shield not playing nice with Surfshark.
Try the following tips/fixes:
- Change protocol: Surfshark offers multiple protocols, including WireGuard (preferred), OpenVPN UDP, OpenVPN TCP, and IKEv2 (second-most preferred). ISPs in some regions block certain protocols, which can result in connectivity issues on your end. Try changing the protocol to see if it helps.
- Switch servers: Connectivity issues may arise because of server downtimes and technical faults. If this happens, connect to a different server location on
- Subscription issues: Is your Surfshark subscription still valid? You might have run out of the subscription period without realizing it, or your payment didn’t go through. If that’s the case, you won’t be able to get the VPN working.
- Check your internet connection: Sometimes, the problem isn’t with your VPN client but your internet service itself. To check this, disconnect the VPN and try using the internet again to see if you can visit websites.
- Firewall/antimalware: Disable your antivirus/firewall programs, and then use Surfshark. You can also add Surfshark.exe to the list of exceptions in your firewall/antimalware.
- Update the app: Outdated apps can give you all sorts of errors and bugs, including login issues which may lead to Surfshark not opening at all. So, check for an update and install it if available.
- Netflix and other streaming platforms not working: If you face a Surfshark VPN not working issue with Netflix on NVIDIA, clear the device cache and restart it.
- Reinstall Surfshark: It’s not a glamorous solution, but it works sometimes. Reinstalling Surfshark will give you a new app rollout, and any errors your current installation may have will be erased.
- Contact customer support: You can always contact the Surfshark customer support team if nothing else works. Surfshark’s customer service is always very responsive and helpful.
Whether you want to access local streams or bypass geo-restrictions on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and other streaming platforms, using Surfshark with your NVIDIA Shield TV helps.
Also, setting up and using Surfshark on NVIDIA Shield is very easy.
Just follow the steps above to enjoy streaming with Surfshark!
Ready to unlock and stream geo-restricted content on NVIDIA Shield?
Grab our one-time Surfshark discount to get started. This deal also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to all new users to test the VPN risk-free or get a refund if it’s not your cup of tea.