The best way to use NordVPN in the Middle East is by downloading the VPN app to your device and connecting to a server.
Likewise, you can set up NordVPN on a router to enjoy secure coverage and content unblocking on your smart TV, IoT devices, gaming consoles, and other units that can’t download a VPN app.
After a proper setup, you can unblock Netflix US from Turkey, activate WhatsApp calling in the UAE, and get privacy from state-owned ISPs like Telekom Egypt.
How to Set Up NordVPN in the Middle East?
You can set up NordVPN in the Middle East via its app, router, or smart DNS. However, the smart DNS method lacks encryption, which may expose your IP address and VPN usage to Middle Eastern authorities in VPN-restricted countries like the UAE.
Thus, follow the steps below to securely use NordVPN in the Middle East:
- Get a NordVPN plan. Grab these discount offers while they last.
- Download and install the NordVPN app for your device. You can get its smartphone apps (via the Google Play Store/iOS App Store) or PC app (NordVPN download page).
- Launch the app and log in with your account credentials. I’ll get the Windows PC app for this example; the process is similar across other PC (Linux and macOS) and smartphone (Android and iOS) apps.
- Choose a reliable NordVPN protocol to browse the web. Go through Settings > Connection > VPN protocol. I’ve discussed more about the best protocols below.
- Return to the VPN home page.
- Click “Quick Connect” to get NordVPN’s recommended fastest/nearest location.
- Optional: Click the dropdown menu to search for a NordVPN server or connect to a specialty server. Then click the server to connect.
- Wait for the connection confirmation. This is when NordVPN changes from a “Connecting” to a “Connected” status.
- Double-check your new IP address. I use www.ipleak.net to ensure I have the NordVPN server-assigned IP.
- Keep Iran’s MCI and other state-owned ISPs out of your online business and unblock global content like Hulu with NordVPN from the Middle East.
Note: Smart TVs, IoT units, gaming consoles, and other internet-enabled devices can’t download a native VPN app. However, NordVPN has solutions to securely connect them, as shared in the guides below:
- Setup NordVPN for IoT Devices in the Middle East
- Connect Gaming Consoles (Playstation 4/5 | Xbox) with NordVPN from the Middle East
- Use NordVPN with Smart TVs in the Middle East
These setups usually involve a router/virtual PC router and a smart DNS method. For improved VPN usage privacy in the UAE, please stick with the router setup only.
How to Get Middle Eastern IP Addresses via NordVPN?
You can connect to a Middle Eastern IP address to retain access to local content like Cyprus TV or Screen iL while enjoying public Wi-Fi security at the Rock Gym (Abu Dhabi), The Spot Hostel (Tel Aviv), or anywhere else in the Middle East.
You can also use these servers to access your Middle Eastern bank accounts from the Emirates NDB, Mashreq, the Saudi National Bank, or your preferred banker over public Wi-Fi.
Here’s how to get this IP address:
- Got your NordVPN account? Buy one cheaper with these one-time deals.
- Download the NordVPN app for your device.
- Install and launch the app. Then log in with your credentials.
- Click the dropdown menu to open the server list.
- Search for a NordVPN server in the Middle East. The provider has servers in Cyprus, Israel, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Click any servers to connect.
- Check your IP to confirm you have the VPN-assigned IP address.
- Unblock TRT1 and First Channel on the Turkey servers, use your Emirates NDB online bank account securely on the UAE server or get public Wi-Fi protection on all Middle Eastern servers.
How to Maintain Privacy With NordVPN in the Middle East?
NordVPN’s obfuscated servers are the best in Middle Eastern regions like Turkey and the UAE, where VPN usage is illegal.
These servers are enabled over NordVPN’s OpenVPN (UDP) or OpenVPN (TCP) protocols. Hence, NordVPN’s OpenVPN (UDP or TCP) protocols are best used in Middle Eastern regions with restrictive internet networks or VPN usage bans.
However, these obfuscation servers and protocols are slower than the standard ones. But they help disguise your VPN traffic as regular traffic so that Ooredoo, Q-Mobile, Etisalat, or other ISPs/authorities in the region don’t find out you’re using a VPN.
To connect to these servers, do this:
- Launch your NordVPN app.
- Go to Settings > Connection > VPN protocol.
- Select OpenVPN (UDP) as it’s the fastest of the OpenVPN protocols. However, switch to the TCP variant if your network blocks the UDP connection.
- Return to the VPN homepage.
- Click the dropdown menu to open the server list.
- Click “Specialty servers.”
- Click “Obfuscated servers” to connect to a random obfuscated server.
- Or click the three dots icon to open the obfuscated server list.
- Choose a country for your obfuscated servers. I’ll choose the United States for this example.
- If available, choose a preferred server city.
- Click “Connect.”
- Wait for the connection confirmation. Then, enjoy secure internet access without leaking your VPN usage.
NordVPN offers obfuscated Middle Eastern servers in the UAE and Turkey.
Thus, you can access local content without sacrificing public Wi-Fi security, anti-ISP tracking, or leaking your VPN usage status to authorities.
What’s the Best NordVPN Server to Use in the Middle East?
You can connect to any NordVPN server in other Middle Eastern regions to access the local web securely and unblock content.
The same principle applies to torrent downloads and secure gaming, which all NordVPN servers are optimized for. After all, you’ll get IP protection in a torrent swarm and anti-DDoS security in P2P matches with any NordVPN server.
But if you want more performance, you should connect to the P2P Middle East servers in Cyprus, Israel, or Turkey since they’re the closest to you.
Furthermore, I recommend the NordLynx protocol for Middle Eastern users in Israel, Qatar, Lebanon, and other Middle Eastern regions that haven’t banned VPNs.
This protocol is secure enough to keep ISPs like Pelephone away from your internet data while guaranteeing top speeds. Thus, you can stream Netflix US in 4K, unblock Hulu in HD, and download torrents fast via Deluge/BitTorrent/your preferred torrent client.
Eliminate the Man in the Middle
You can browse the web in the Middle East without malicious man-in-the-middle attacks or your ISP/government authorities intercepting your data before it gets to its destination.
Given NordVPN’s military-grade encryption, the only thing third parties can now see is gibberish in the place of your internet data.
The best part is that NordVPN gives you access to global content (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc.) and even allows you to use VoIP services like WhatsApp in the Middle East.
Start enjoying these premium benefits today with this NordVPN discount.