Getting PureVPN for your Samsung Smart TV can help you access geo-restricted content, including the international databases of streaming giants like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and more.
Even better, PureVPN makes your streaming activities private so only you know what you’re watching.
With this guide, I’ll break down every technique to use PureVPN on a Samsung Smart TV from anywhere.
How to Set Up PureVPN on Samsung Smart TV? (Step-By-Step Guide)
The more recent models of Samsung Smart TVs run on Tizen OS, which natively doesn’t support the PureVPN app. Fortunately, there are workarounds to using PureVPN on Samsung Smart TVs.
First, ensure you have an active PureVPN subscription. Here’s a fantastic deal to get up to 82% off your chosen plan!
Method 1: Download PureVPN App on Older Samsung Smart TVs Running Android
If your Samsung smart TV was released earlier than 2015, there’s a high chance it runs Android OS. The good news is Android TVs offer Play Store, where you can download the PureVPN Android app.
I’ve provided the steps to follow below.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Samsung smart TV.
- Search for “PureVPN.”
- Download and install the PureVPN app on your TV.
- Once Installed, open the app, and log in using your credentials.
- Pick your desired server and enjoy seamless access to geo-restricted content on your Samsung smart TV!
Method 2: Install PureVPN on Your Router
A convenient way to use PureVPN on newer Samsung TVs with Tizen OS is to install the VPN on your router. Once the router is armed with PureVPN, every device that connects to it will automatically enjoy all the benefits of the VPN.
Please note that PureVPN only supports routers using its PPTP or OpenVPN Protocols, showing an obvious lack of the WireGuard protocol.
I’ll use a D-Link router for this demonstration.
- Open the control panel of your D-Link router.
- Go to “Setup” and click “Internet.”
- Click “Manual Internet Connection Setup.”
- Select “PPTP (Username/Password)” from the Internet connection type dropdown and set the address mode as “Dynamic IP.”
- Find your desired PureVPN server address from here, and enter it in the PPTP server IP address.
- Enter your PureVPN login credentials in the username and password fields and click “Save Settings.”
- Connect your Samsung TV to the Wi-Fi router to unblock content with PureVPN.
Method 3: Use PureVPN on Samsung TV Through Wi-Fi Connection Sharing or Ethernet
Another quick way to use PureVPN on your Samsung Smart TV is by transmitting your VPN connection through Wi-Fi or an Ethernet Cable from your PC to the TV.
Follow the steps below to do this.
- Go to the Windows Network settings and choose “Open Network & Internet Settings.”
- Select “Mobile hotspot” from the left side menu.
- Toggle the mobile hotspot button and select WiFi from the “Share my Internet connection from” option.
- If you don’t want the current SSID (Network’s name) or password, click edit to make any changes or skip this step. Then, select the “Change adapter” option and right-click on the “VPN TAP” adapter.
- Click on “Properties,” then the “Sharing” tab, and enable “Allow other network users to connect through the computer’s connection.”
- From the dropdown menu, select the VPN network and click “OK.”
- Bingo! Finally, connect to the VPN using your PC and pair the PC’s network with your Samsung Smart TV.
- Click on the Apple icon from the top left corner, select “System Preferences,” and then “Sharing.”
- Go to General, and click “Sharing.”
- Toggle the “Internet Sharing” option and click on the “i” beside it.
- Select the PureVPN adapter in the “Share your connection from” menu and choose “Wi-Fi” in the “To Computers using” dropdown.
- Connect your Mac to a PureVPN server and join your Mac’s hotspot on your Samsung smart TV to start sharing the PureVPN connection.
What Makes PureVPN a Great Fit for Samsung TV?
Here are some advantages of PureVPN on a Samsung TV:
- Break-Free From Location Restrictions: PureVPN unblocks a new world of content to turn your Samsung TV into an all-in-one entertainment system. You can connect to 6500+ VPN servers in 78+ countries to unblock Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Peacock TV, or anything else anywhere.
- Leak-Proof Privacy: All the shows you watch on your Samsung TV are hidden from your ISP and cybercriminals via PureVPN’s AES-256 encryption. This encryption also hides your true location from the content platforms.
- Router Support: I just described the technique for installing PureVPN on your router above. That way, you can connect other devices (like your gaming consoles) that can’t use a native PureVPN app.
- Super-Affordable Pricing: PureVPN is one of the most affordable VPNs in the industry. If you decide to go with the 2-year plan, you can save up to 87% with our limited-time discounts. There’s also a 31-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
- Blazing Fast Speeds: With its new 20Gbps server speed upgrades, PureVPN delivers faster performance with no buffering or speed lags. To test this, I connected to a recommended server in UAE, and PureVPN gave a remarkable download speed of 96.66 Mbps and 14.81 Mbps for Upload on my 100 Mbps connection.
PureVPN Not Working With Samsung Smart TV? 7 Quick Fixes
If you’re facing trouble connecting to PureVPN or unblocking content over the VPN on your Samsung Smart TV, here are some tips for troubleshooting the issue.
- Switch Server Locations: If you can’t join your preferred server, try connecting to another server. Keep trying until you find a server that works perfectly.
- Check Your Internet Connection: Ensure your internet connection is stable enough for the VPN. Try surfing the web, or perform a speed test using a tool like speedtest.net.
- Re-Login/Reinstalling: Log out and log in to the PureVPN app to see if there are any cache issues. Plus, reinstalling your device’s VPN app can solve any underlying connectivity issues.
- Change VPN Protocols: Experiment with multiple protocols to find the one that gives you the best speed and security. The best protocol to choose is WireGuard. Alternatively, choose anything that’s not OpenVPN (UDP or TCP), as they’re slower than the other protocols.
- Reset Windows Network Settings: If you’re sharing the VPN connection to Samsung TV from your Windows PC using Wi-Fi or ethernet, resetting all network adapters can also help. To do this, go to Network settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.
- Reset TCP/IP Protocol: If resetting the Windows network settings didn’t work, reset the TCP/IP Protocol. To do this, open the Command Prompt and run it as administrator, type netsh int IP reset resetlog.txt, and hit Enter. Then, restart your PC and connect to PureVPN again.
- Contact Customer Support: If none of the suggestions above solves the PureVPN connection issue, get in touch with PureVPN’s customer support. Fortunately, there’s a live chat support system that’s available 24/7.
PureVPN Alternatives for Samsung Smart TV?
PureVPN isn’t your only option if you’re looking for the best VPN for Samsung Smart TVs. I’ve tested VPNs that offer more promising streaming speeds with advanced features that PureVPN lacks, like Smart DNS.
Here are better alternatives to PureVPN to use as Samsung TV VPNs:
ExpressVPN - Offers MediaStreamer Smart DNS Service
ExpressVPN blows PureVPN out of the water as a perfect Samsung TV VPN, thanks to its faster speeds and better support. Here are some other notable things that make it a better VPN.
- ExpressVPN has a dedicated “MediaStreamer” SmartDNS service to easily connect with Samsung Smart TVs, especially those that can’t download a native VPN app.
- It offers a broader VPN server network of 3000+ servers in 94 countries to unblock exclusive content in more regions.
- All servers support fast obfuscation to mask your VPN traffic as regular internet traffic. Obfuscated servers are valuable if you’re connecting from a heavily restricted region like China or don’t want the streaming platform to know you’re using a VPN.
- Setting up ExpressVPN on your router is way less complex with ExpressVPN’s custom router firmware designed for almost all routers.
- It has an exclusive Lightway protocol for faster speeds. My tests resulted in an outstanding 95.60 Mbps download speed and 84.38 Mbps upload speed with a recommended server in Singapore.
You can get ExpressVPN for cheaper using our exclusive discounts with a 30-day risk-free refund guarantee.
NordVPN - Safest VPN for Samsung Smart TV With SmartPlay
NordVPN is also better for Samsung TVs than PureVPN because of its SmartDNS support. Here are a few other eminent features:
- It has 5200+ servers in 60 countries to unblock streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and many more.
- NordVPN’s SmartDNS feature proposes extraordinary speeds and reliable unlocking, especially over US-available content. However, the lack of encryption isn’t great for security.
- It has specialty P2P servers to assist you with buffer-free streaming.
- NordVPN’s custom “NordLynx” protocol promises more efficient speeds. During my testing, it gave an average of 97.37 Mbps Download speed and 61.79 Mbps Upload speed when connected to a server in Croatia.
Here’s an incredible deal on NordVPN with 3 months free and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost - Optimized Servers for Smooth Streaming on Samsung Smart TV
CyberGhost is an ideal PureVPN alternative for Samsung TVs if you want a wider server range. Some of its esteemed features include:
- 9000+ servers in 90+ countries with streaming-optimized servers for Netflix US, HBO Max, Sling TV, Comedy Central, ESPN, and more.
- Like PureVPN, CyberGhost is inexpensive, and you can get up to 84% off with our one-time CyberGhost discounts. Plus, it offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- It’s a buffer-free VPN with support for protocols including WireGuard and IKEv2. With IKEv2, I got an average 93.67 download speed and 62.15 upload speed when connected to a nearby server in Mumbai, India.
Get CyberGhost VPN with our special discounts.
You can unblock numerous restricted streaming platforms, including all Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Disney+, ESPN, Sling TV, Apple TV, DAZN, Vudu, Sky Go, Showtime, ITV Hub, Hulu, HBO, and Youtube TV libraries with PureVPN.
I’ve covered everything from various PureVPN installation methods on Samsung Smart TVs to troubleshooting tips. Plus, you now have worthy alternatives if PureVPN isn’t performing.
What’s stopping you from getting a comprehensive streaming library and fool-proof security on your Samsung smart TV? Get PureVPN today!